removing msn messenger

G

How do I uninstal/remove/delete msn messenger from my machine. Every time i go online i seem to be automatically linked into msn chat rooms and i cannot find the uninstal option for msn listed in the control panel programme list, it also does not seem to appear anywhere else - is it hard wired into the XP software?

G

It is listed under program files. You should be able to stop this by opening msn messenger selecting tools tab then options and then general tab and unchecking automatic run at startup and uncheck allow auto sign in.

R

Ricky

Try this link..

| It is listed under program files. You should be able to stop this by
opening msn messenger selecting tools tab then options and then
general tab and unchecking automatic run at startup and uncheck allow
auto sign in.

G

Yes that's nice, but if you use msn e-mail it comes right back!

I have a problem no one has an answer for. I don't want msn.messenger to log on to the Internet and throw up two annoying screens every time I turn on my computer. I've used msconfig to shut off msnmsgr.exe and it works until I check my e-mail then it is back. I do want to use my msn e-mail, but I don't want msn.messenger at all. I know it must be there to run a lot of things. I just followed a WinMsgr link and got some instructions. The first instruction used the Preferences tab of Tools Options General SignIn. No good. I checked my e-mail and the problem came right back. I then used a registry Messenger\Client \PreventRun instructions. Also no good. Is there a way to go into the registry and put in a line to remove or disable the msnmsgr.exe in the startup? Well I guess my computer has msn messenger herpes. I can't get rid of it and it always comes back. Please help if you can! I'm very very frustrated here. I also run XP Home Edition.

Ask a Question