Remote Procedure Call

mturus

When I access Internet a message comes up says "Remote
Procedure Call Execution terminated and system will shut
down in 60 seconds". It does shut down computer after 60
seconds.

What do you think ?

dcdon

/me thinks you need to run an external virus scan
www.antivirus.com

--
Best regards,
don
wrote in message
When I access Internet a message comes up says
"Remote
Procedure Call Execution terminated and system will
shut
down in 60 seconds". It does shut down computer
after 60
seconds.

What do you think ?

This occurs when you have the W32.Blaster.worm on your machine, or maybe some lovsand a b e f variant, etc of all of them. This same thing was occurring on this lady's Dell 8200, shutting her down every minute or so. It was removed successfully and things are back to normal. There are tools to eradicate this thing. These URLs were posted here at this site by MVPs I believe and I copied and used them.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid-833330

Here is additional data for you that might help see you through this, posted by Jupiter Jones, MVP, to another similar situation.

Suggestions:
Go to Start/Run and type in: services.msc. Scroll down to Remote Procedure Call (RPC)/Recovery/First Failure/Restart the
Service. Explained in more detail: (Jupiter Jones MVP)
Click Start
Click Run
Type in: services.msc
ENTER
The box that comes up has an alphabetical list of services.
Use the scroll bar on the right and go down to "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)"
Right click on it.
Click Properties.
Click Recovery tab
Click drop down by "First Failure"
Select "Restart the service"
Click OK.
Then download the script on line 1. (a) then the patch on line 1. (b) or follow the prompt within the script. This script removes the W32.Blaster.Worm, W32.Blaster.B.Worm, W32.Blaster.C.Worm, W32.Blaster.D, W32.Blaster.E and W32.Blaster.F.
1 (a) and (b) is all that is needed to be done. The rest provided below it, is just for informational purposes.
1. a. Download this VB Script. The script deletes the run key from the registry, msblast.exe from the System32 folder,
stops the process in the Task Manager, prompts for the patch download and/or verifies if the patch is already
installed.
b. Install the 824146 patch.

Others can give you a better explanation and probably a fix...but it does appear to be a virus on your machine.

Regards