reinstall Vista on a new Motherboard ???

pedmag2

I have Vista Ultima but my Motherboard was burn from electric problem I
going to install a new Motherboard, my hard drive and the other cards are OK
they was check and tested , Is any way that I can do this and don't have to
reformat the Hard Drive ?????? The new Motherboard is diferent then the old
one, because I can no found the same MotherBoard, The CPU is OK and I can use
for the new Motherboard

Please any Help Thanks

Rick Rogers

Hi,

Provided you have sufficient free space remaining on the drive, you don't
have to format. Setup will just move the old installation to a windows.old
folder where you can later retrieve your data. Programs will still need to
be reinstalled.

You may find that if the hardware is closely related, that you will not need
any reinstall. I would just try it first, before bothering to reinstall.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Noel

You need to see if the chipsets are the same. If they are not then you are
better off with a clean install. Then load the new chipset drivers.

Grey

It would be nice if that were true. I just went through a dying motherboard
replacement on my own machine and tried to put the same Vista Ultimate 64
installation with the new motherboard/CPU which were the only things
changed. It wont do it. You cannot repair install, so far as I can find,
since SP1 came out.

Please prove me wrong. I really would prefer to be wrong in this case!