My Autistic son (UK, Wales) needs advice please

Reaction score
I am Autistic also

Yesterday his motherboard packed up.

Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula Motherboard

We are unable to buy a new computer BUT the rest is fine, however ANY advice on where to get a replacement would be much appreciated.

As an Autistic father with only Carers Allowance I can not afford a new board + ram + Processor etc, just need a replacement motherboard for the processor and DDR3 4x8GB

And I can not afford to take a chance on my Carers Allowance on used Ebay

I have no idea what to do.

His whole life is his computer

Thank you
aut.jpg

Reaction score
Things are tight for a lot of people at present. I would suggest looking online places like FB marketplace for someone willing to donate what you need. Not many people give things like this away for free my friend :)

Reaction score
I don't want a donation, I asked for advice as to where to get one as they are old now, a place that is RELIABLE to buy one from and what is suitable, I NEVER asked for a free anything

I asked

"ANY advice on where to get a replacement would be much appreciated."

Reaction score
I also mentioned Facebook Marketplace :)

Maybe even Ebay from a reputable seller?
What CPU is it? AMD or Intel?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can let us know the CPU model, RAM specs and graphics card, we might be able to recommend a similar motherboard that would work. That motherboard is about 7 years old now and I can't see an identical replacement available for a good price. I suspect picking up a similar Z97 chipset motherboard from ebay is the most cost effective way of solving this - it just needs to be able to cope with the existing hardware.

Ask a Question