Real Help Needed

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me. I suspect i have a virus or something on my PC & I have a number of problems.
Firstly, McAfee doesn't seem to find anything.
Secondly if I try to download any anti virus software from the web, when ever there is an exe in the URL, I always get an error saying that the web page cannot be displayed.
Finally I have a couple of older anti-virus apps, but when I try to update them with the latest lists, it says it is unable to connect.

As you can probably tell, this is a real issue and so any help anyone may have would be a real help.

By the way, running XP, with IE 7.

Many Thanks

Gary

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You should only run one AV program at a time as they clash.

Possibly, this is your problem.

Choose one to keep - I suggest Antivir, a freebie and McCaffee is a bit rubbish - then scan again.

If still no luck then there are online scanning services available that I'm sure others here can give you links to.

Reaction score
Re

Running two antivirus software is not advisable. They will conflict with each other. You should run one antivirus at a time and update it timely. KAspersky is good chioce.

Ask a Question