RE; online suppliers

John McWilliams

I don't know how it happened, but I am receiving emails from 411Inkjets.
I looked, I liked, but know nothing about them besides having a decent
web presence.

Also, what are the top two or three in this area?

M-kite need not reply.

Richard Steinfeld

John said:
I don't know how it happened, but I am receiving emails from 411Inkjets.
I looked, I liked, but know nothing about them besides having a decent
web presence.

Also, what are the top two or three in this area?

M-kite need not reply.
I just checked their ad. Their address is the same as InkGrabber, which
also uses yet another business name that I've forgotten. So far, I've
done OK with their ink for my HP 940 inkjet. In my experience, their
suppliers can change. With my HP printer, this isn't a problem because
the color cartridge is an all-in-one with print head. But in the case of
my Epson, they sent out two in one brand and two in another brand. This
is unacceptable; they agreed. I couldn't test this out completely
because I had made an error and specified the wrong cartridge set. They
do seem to be able to track a customer's special instructions, but you
have to remember to speak up! If you don't say, "Ship it in a box,"
you're probably going to get your ink in a jiffy bag.

Each business uses different pricing and promotions. This makes three
"brand names" that I know of. Inkgrabber prices are always discounted
20% with coupons they email to you.

Richard

measekite

Richard said:
[...]

The fly by niters do not sell brands. They sell who knows what under
enough different names to the lack of quality is difficult to track.

DanG

John McWilliams said:
I don't know how it happened, but I am receiving emails from 411Inkjets. I
looked, I liked, but know nothing about them besides having a decent web
presence.

Also, what are the top two or three in this area?

M-kite need not reply.

I would ask myself if I really want to be doing business with a company that
SPAMS, has multiple websites, etc. When there are a number of well-known and
reputable sellers available, why risk it? You might get your orders as
promised, but you may not be happy with the goods. The real question is what
happens when there's a problem?

Here's a good resource for investigating online sellers:
http://www.resellerratings.com/

I use and recommend www.alotofthings.com for many items.

The best customer service I have ever gotten from ANY online seller is from
http://www.inkjetsaver.com/ . Once they sent me some ink tanks that were the
wrong revision for my Epson. Before I even knew this, and without me asking,
they sent a second free (correct) set at no charge.

John McWilliams

DanG said:
I would ask myself if I really want to be doing business with a company that
SPAMS, has multiple websites, etc. When there are a number of well-known and
reputable sellers available, why risk it? You might get your orders as
promised, but you may not be happy with the goods. The real question is what
happens when there's a problem?

Here's a good resource for investigating online sellers:
http://www.resellerratings.com/

I use and recommend www.alotofthings.com for many items.

The best customer service I have ever gotten from ANY online seller is from
http://www.inkjetsaver.com/ . Once they sent me some ink tanks that were the
wrong revision for my Epson. Before I even knew this, and without me asking,
they sent a second free (correct) set at no charge.
Thanks, Richard and Dan. It's for my 740 and R300 Epsons, so it's not
critical, but important to do biz with the right folk. In two days my
first real major printer will arrive, an Epson 3800. Then, only $500 a
pop to replace all carts, but they are 80 ml with three blacks (or maybe
one of them is better called gray.)

measekite

DanG wrote:

"John McWilliams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I don't know how it happened, but I am receiving emails from 411Inkjets. I looked, I liked, but know nothing about them besides having a decent web presence. Also, what are the top two or three in this area? M-kite need not reply. -- john mcwilliams

I would ask myself if I really want to be doing business with a company that SPAMS, has multiple websites, etc. When there are a number of well-known and reputable sellers available, why risk it? You might get your orders as promised, but you may not be happy with the goods. The real question is what happens when there's a problem?

Thats true for most of the fly by niters

Here's a good resource for investigating online sellers: http://www.resellerratings.com/ I use and recommend www.alotofthings.com for many items. The best customer service I have ever gotten from ANY online seller is from http://www.inkjetsaver.com/ . Once they sent me some ink tanks that were the wrong revision for my Epson. Before I even knew this, and without me asking, they sent a second free (correct) set at no charge.

Frank

measekite wrote:

....his usual lies and bullshit.
Don't believe one word this idiot says.
Frank

TJ

DanG said:
I would ask myself if I really want to be doing business with a company that
SPAMS, has multiple websites, etc. When there are a number of well-known and
reputable sellers available, why risk it? You might get your orders as
promised, but you may not be happy with the goods. The real question is what
happens when there's a problem?

Here's a good resource for investigating online sellers:
http://www.resellerratings.com/

I use and recommend www.alotofthings.com for many items.

The best customer service I have ever gotten from ANY online seller is from
http://www.inkjetsaver.com/ . Once they sent me some ink tanks that were the
wrong revision for my Epson. Before I even knew this, and without me asking,
they sent a second free (correct) set at no charge.
When reading reviews at a place like Reseller Ratings, remember one fact
of human nature: People are much more likely to complain than to praise.
It takes time and incentive to do either, and people are more likely to
get that incentive after a bad experience. Any company will run into
problems with customers. Some more than others, I'll admit. It's how
they handle those problems that's important.

The vast majority of customer reviews, if EVERY customer wrote one,
would read something like, "I ordered my stuff, they shipped it in a
reasonable amount of time, and it was OK." You rarely see a review like
that, do you?

TJ