New online GDPR and cookie laws

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, however I'm getting a little sick and tired of the horrible Accept and decline banners appearing or some sites ghosting out the content unless you accept the rules that they have stipulated under the guideline of the new online cookie acceptance laws.

Some pages wont even allow you to view their pages unless you click the 'Accept' button, others you can scroll through but cannot read the separate articles. Others allow you to view but with a rather opaque filter over the top.
On the other end of the spectrum they purposely make you troll through hundreds an hundreds participants and partners in order to filter what you don't want out.

As soon as I hit these pages I close the page. They lose my traffic immediately. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this?
Anyone else?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it frustrates me too. It's complete overkill and a stupid way of doing things - there were much better technical implementations that could have provided a much nicer experience. I get what they were trying to do, as there is a huge misuse of data that many non-tech-savvy users will be unaware of... however this doesn't seem like a sensible way to tackle it.

Reaction score
Not at all. People will blatantly ignore the warning and simply just accept anyway. The sites forcing you to choose which cookies you think are safe or not to use without any prior knowledge is ridiculous. Who on earth will sit there clicking for hours trolling through many hundreds of cookie permissions just to read a simple article. Not me!!

Page closed

Ask a Question