DistroTest test Linux online without installation !

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Abarbarian, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Abarbarian

Abarbarian Acruncher

https://distrotest.net/

a nice site for testing distros

If you fancy having a look at a running linux os this is a pretty neat way to accomplish that. Or maybe you fancy seeing what a different desktop looks and feels like in use.

On my Arch set up running FireFox I had to disable all my add-ons to get the site to work and allow popups. Some of the distros fire up almost straight away but some of them take a while to get going, so if you seem to have a black screen doing nothing give it some time to load up and run.
    :cool:

Abarbarian, Jul 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Abarbarian

Ian Administrator

WOW. That is a fantastic resource. Good find!

That must have been a lot of effort to get that many VMs up and running. I've just given a random Linux disto a whirl in a browser window - it's a little slow, but works a treat.

I didn't have any problems getting the site working in W10/Chrome, but I did need to manually click the VNC viewer button when prompted.

Ian, Jul 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Abarbarian

Abarbarian Acruncher

Yup it is neat now I have it working. [​IMG]

I gave 4M a run and played a few games on it. Am pretty amazed at how little ram it needs to run.

[​IMG]

My penguin foo must be on the blink as I can not seem to connect to the internet with any distro using this tool. I am not at all familiar with working with vm's so it may just be something very simple I am missing. [​IMG]

Abarbarian, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Abarbarian

Ian Administrator

Funnily enough, 4M was the disto I tried too!

I couldn't get the internet working either. I guess they've locked them down to stop people causing chaos and sucking up tons of bandwidth.

Ian, Jul 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question