DistroTest test Linux online without installation !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://distrotest.net/

On our website you will find a selection of operating systems,
which you can test online without installation in the simplest way.

There are no restrictions here:
You can use all functions of the system,
Uninstall and install software, test installed programs and
even delete or format the hard disk or system files...

a nice site for testing distros

Here's a link to a site where users can try out various distros online, right from the web browser: https://distrotest.net/

And, here's a link to an article about the site: https://www.ostechnix.com/test-100-linux-and-unix-operating-systems-online-for-free/

I tested it out from my Debian Stretch (GNOME) system, using the Pale Moon browser. The site offers over 100 distros for testing.

If you fancy having a look at a running linux os this is a pretty neat way to accomplish that. Or maybe you fancy seeing what a different desktop looks and feels like in use.

On my Arch set up running FireFox I had to disable all my add-ons to get the site to work and allow popups. Some of the distros fire up almost straight away but some of them take a while to get going, so if you seem to have a black screen doing nothing give it some time to load up and run.
:cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
WOW. That is a fantastic resource. Good find!

That must have been a lot of effort to get that many VMs up and running. I've just given a random Linux disto a whirl in a browser window - it's a little slow, but works a treat.

I didn't have any problems getting the site working in W10/Chrome, but I did need to manually click the VNC viewer button when prompted.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
WOW. That is a fantastic resource. Good find!

That must have been a lot of effort to get that many VMs up and running. I've just given a random Linux disto a whirl in a browser window - it's a little slow, but works a treat.

I didn't have any problems getting the site working in W10/Chrome, but I did need to manually click the VNC viewer button when prompted.

Yup it is neat now I have it working.
228823.gif

I gave 4M a run and played a few games on it. Am pretty amazed at how little ram it needs to run.

2Hz5neF.jpg

My penguin foo must be on the blink as I can not seem to connect to the internet with any distro using this tool. I am not at all familiar with working with vm's so it may just be something very simple I am missing.
breakfast.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Funnily enough, 4M was the disto I tried too!

I couldn't get the internet working either. I guess they've locked them down to stop people causing chaos and sucking up tons of bandwidth.

Ask a Question