Windows XP re nero oem suite

Reaction score
I HAVE A COPY OF NERO OEM SUITE WHICH I GOT WITH A PHILIPS DVD REWRITER LAST YEAR. I HAD TO REPLACE THIS PC AT XMAS AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CREATE A PHOTO SLIDE SHOW WITH MUSIC ON MY NEW PC, A GATEWAY GM5046b. THE INCLUDED SOFTWARE IS NOT ABLE TO DO THIS AND AS I LIKED NERO I INSTALLED MY COPY OF NERO OEM SUITE AND UPDATED THIS ON NREO'S WEBSITE. I CAN CREATE A SLIDE SHOW WITH MUSIC AND ALL IS WELL UP TO THE POINT WHEN I TRY TO BURN IT TO A DISC AND I ONLY GET THE OPTION TO BURN TO THE PHILIPS REWRITER.
IS THERE ANY WAY ROUND THIS?
OR CAN I PUT THE PHILIPS REWRITER INTO MY NEW PC, AND WILL IT WORK OR JUST SLOW THINGS DOWN?

Reaction score
No need to SHOUT.
Nero should see the installed dvd rewriter OK.
If not try uninstalling nero & installing it again.

And welcome to pcreview alibaly.:wave:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Please don't use all CAPS LOCK as it is considered shouting, also hard on the eyes to read.

A lot of Nero OEMs were indeed tied to the writer they were bundled with. Either buy a new copy or use an alternative, or, as you say, install the Philips into your new PC ... the writer should not affect the overall "speed" of the PC and should be a simple install job.

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks, Sorry for shouting. I had hoped to find a way to change the destination drive so that I could use Nero just now as I presume my warrenty will be affected should I put the Philips rewriter into my new PC.

Ask a Question