Windows XP Nero, SATA/RAID and BSOD's!

Reaction score
Well heres something i bet you all didn't know...!

Lets start this from the beginning... I bought Nero 6 OEM (Full version, not limited)

Nero FULL Suite

(Nero 6, Nero Express, In CD 4, Nero Vision Express, Back it Up, Showtime, Recode 2, Media Player, Tool Kit, Cover Designer, DVD-Video Plugin, Dolby Digital Encoding)
For £7.99 from eBuyer

Every since i installed it, i could never get it to work - the Smart Start centre would open, but anything more than that and the computer would just reboot itself.

Ok i thought, known compatibilty issue with SP2. Downloaded all 60 meg or so of updates, installed, opened Nero expecting it to work great, And it rebooted! it wasn't fixed!

That was a couple of weeks ago, today i did some googling, as Nero 6 worked fine before i reinstalled windows.

I went through what i changed, and one of the search criteria was "Nero"+"RAID"

and i found something interesting - if you are using SATA or RAID on the Intel ICHR5 chipset of your motherboard, and do not have the intel application accelerator installed, Nero will reboot the computer or give you a BSOD.

Well there you go!!

It's all working fine now!

Thanks To These Guys

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hahaha, gotta love them Intel chipsets...:rolleyes:

But of course, I'm jolly glad you got it sorted :)

Oh wait, Intel, no, don't, I'm off again..... hahahahahahahahahhahaha :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... ain't I glad I run AMD/NVIDIA

:D :D :D :D

Thanks for posting "the solution" Chris ... :thumb:

Ask a Question