Bargain Nero OEM Suite 3

Reaction score
Wahey! What a bargain.

Nero FULL Suite

(Nero 6, Nero Express, In CD 4, Nero Vision Express, Back it Up, Showtime, Recode 2, Media Player, Tool Kit, Cover Designer, DVD-Video Plugin, Dolby Digital Encoding)

For...

£7.99 + VAT. The LOT!

Thats not bad at all.

Availiable at eBuyer.

I thought you had to buy OEM stuff with computer hardware, but i ordered mine with neons, MP3 player (sisters xmas pressie) and some headphones so obviously not!

I'd class that as a bargain.

The one without the plugins is cheaper, like £3 or something stupid.

Chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That is certainly a bargain, if that is the full program.

Just out of interest I bought the Express OEM version for 3 or 4 quid recently, then it cost £15.00 to buy a number to unlock the DVD recording functions. And I've noticed there are a few things I couldn't do with the stripped down version.

So, I went back to installing my full version on all four computers, but it was an interesting 'experiment'.

I wonder if they'd sell it by itself?

Reaction score
Full program!! All plugins!!

Has that "Smart Start" thing tooo

I bet they would sell it on it's own.

It does say on the CD though "Only to be bundled with a CD/DVD drive" or something similar.

i didn't order no drive!

Chris

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,584
Reaction score
haha! it's all changed since i just upgraded it!

Well... bad news... every time i open one of the apps within it, comp restarts itself.

I believe this is because of SP2?

Anyway to fix this at all?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,089

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have SP2 & Nero 6 and no bother here ... oh, and mine cost £0.00

Attachments

• nero.GIF
    nero.GIF
    63.5 KB · Views: 4,066

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It probably is because of SP2.

Go to Nero's site and download upgrades, that should sort it out.

btw, is that the only Window you can open within that version of Nero? Can you get into expert mode?

It's possibly not the full £60.00 version.

muckshifter

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It probably is because of SP2.

Go to Nero's site and download upgrades, that should sort it out.

btw, is that the only Window you can open within that version of Nero? Can you get into expert mode?

It's possibly not the full £60.00 version.
Nope, no 'expert mode' it's OEM ... but I wont pay £60 for an expert. ;)

Try £38.85 :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good price there Mucks, I believe I commented on that in another thread a whiles back. But it is sixty quid in PC World ;)

I must admit, I can do about 90% of stuff in the OEM version, it's that 10% that gets on me wick :(

It's mostly the DVD side of things, particularly conversion of mpeg or avi files to a format suitable for burning to DVD, then there's the WAV editor.

Still, damn good price. Especially £0.00, can't beat that :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Well you know me ... Scots blood and all.

I got mine free with my DVD-RW and promply poped over to Nero's downloads and got the latest everything, not knowing if I needed it or not. :rolleyes:

So far I've done 3 DVDs, well backed-up Nettie's pics (yes, it took 3 DVDs) and that's it. :blush:

May take lessons off you. :D

Reaction score
My version of Nero will do all that conversion stuff, as it comes with the "Vision Express" plugin - which is what it uses to encode stuff e.g. if you make somehthing in Movie Maker and save as an AVI, drag and drop into vision express, make the menus and burn it. It will automatically encode.

It has all the DVD stuff.

I installed the updates, and strangely enough, before i upgraded, i did have the "Expert Mode" feauture, so it seems this upgrade is a bit of a downgrade!!

My Nero6 worked fine before i re-installed windows as it happens. I always got the compatibilty warning but it never crashed.

It seems i have all the updated installed to, yet it just wont work! (see pic) it was crashing before i installed the upgrade too.

For what you get though, £7.99 is a VERY good bargain. I cant think of any things that i need to do that i can't do with this version, at all. I can do all the CD and DVD stuff, i don't even know what stuff there is thats not on my version.

WHY WONT IT WORK ARGH!!!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,878
Reaction score
There are obviously a lot of experts here on Nero - so Please, please can someone help me. I am a complete novice to this package and not at all sure what to do. I managed eventually to burn a music CD so thought with a bit of trial and error I would conquer DVD's Ha - not on your nelly!!

I just cannot burn a DVD. I am using DVD RAM. I have tried burning TV captured to my hard drive - no success. Then I thought I would try a picture DVD. I managed to create a project and save it but when it came to the burn I just got the same message - the disk is not emply, do I want to erase and continue.

If I take the Yes option it just goes into a loop so I eventually have to abort the task. Twice now I have tried to use the option in Nero to erase the disk (although I am sure there is nothing on it) but it just jams my PC up and I have to turn off.

I don't know if I just can't grasp what I should be doing or if the package is useless. Can someone help? I have the Nero oem suite 6.3.1.18F which came with the DVD burner.
Thanks

Reaction score
Ok, is your DVD writer compatible with DVD-RAM?

The most common formats are DVD-r and DVD+r...

To burn captured DVD video, you go into Nero vision express, and drag the captured file, and set the options you want and create a menu, and press burn...

It really should be that easy... Did you try a different type of DVD?

Reaction score
Heya everyone... i used to use Nero ALOT since i had a little buisness at school !!! lol hehe anywayz... it now asks me for a CD key which i don't have ?! Where did you get your full version of Nero 6 for free ?! I need to start my buisness again ! hehe :p

Thanx

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Heya everyone... i used to use Nero ALOT since i had a little buisness at school !!! lol hehe anywayz... it now asks me for a CD key which i don't have ?! Where did you get your full version of Nero 6 for free ?! I need to start my buisness again ! hehe :p

Thanx
There is no free version of Nero. Any 'free' version will be on a warez site which we don't condone and cannot talk about here. This is a public forum, anybody can view it and software piracy is a crime.

So please, no more talk of this, OK?

There are various links to where you can buy an OEM version of Nero cheaply on this site and I believe in this very thread. For around £4.00 you can buy it, that is not expensive. The serial number to unlock the burning video to DVD side of Nero can be purchased from Nero for around a tenner.

Reaction score
Oh right ok soz m8 :( Didn't realise

Kk i will look into buying it... Thanx anywayz :p

Soz again

Reaction score
Nerooem suite 3 error 128

I need help also. I bought an internal dvdr/rw, nero oem suite 3 was with it. I have figured most of it out. When I go to burn my slide show, an error occurs.
Error:
Cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
Source: CMpegVideoEncoder :: Initialized
Description: can not create temp buffer

How do I, or can I fix this?
Thanks
Jean

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nero OEM Suite 3 Question

I have a question about the above mentioned Suite. I bought a new CD Rewritable. It came with this Suite. It states on the cd for DVD-Rewriters only. Can I use this software with my CD Rewriter?

Reaction score
Edit:

Hmm...

You can usually only use the software with the piece of hardware it was bundled with...

Ask a Question