Random Blue Screens - Beginning Dump of Physcial Memory?

G

I have gotten a blue screen randomly twice. It looks something like this

A Problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to you computer

MEMORY_MANAGEMEN

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need

If problems continue, diable or remove all newly installed hardware or software. Disbale BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safemode to remove ordisable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, select safe mode

Techincal Information

*** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x00041284, 0xFEA28000, 0x00000000, 0xC0C00000

Begininning Dump of Physical memor
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administration or technical support group for further assistance

And i have no earthly idea what that means!!?? What is BIOS memory? Caching or shadowing? Safe Mode? Dump of physical memory? Is this serious? What did i do to cause this? Thanks you so much

Mel

G

I have actually experienced the same problem this past week. My friend, a coputerguru, told me to check for viruses, becuase that may have been the cause. I did that, but the screen kept reappearing, so i am still in the rut. If anyone knows of any way to fix this, please do! Thanks.

Peter

R

Ricky

Try here..
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315266

|I have been experiencing this problem as well. (No virus on my
system, and no new software or hardware.)
| Windows shuts down and display: "kernal data inpage error".
| Disable BIOS memory caching and/or shadowing.
| System Restore does not take care of the problem.
| I have not been able to lcoate any information on how to fix this
problem.
| PLEASE HELP!!!!

G

I received my first screen like this today. My parameters are slightly different than Milana's.

This occured because occasionally, the computer would automatically reboot without warning. In another group, someone suggested disabling the auto restart under start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery. Once I did this, I got the blue screen.

Searching help for "memory_management", I came up with some solutions for Windows2000, but not XP. The link provided by Ricky does not seem to match our problems.

Hopefully, some help will arrive soon.

Thanks.

Ask a Question