Problems with TIP in IE

I am having some very annoying problems with the Tablet Input Panel and IE.
The first is that the address bar in IE does not seem to like the TIP. It
usually takes about 10-20 seconds before the address bar will accept the
input that I am trying to type through the TIP. I have not seen this problem
with any other text entry area, including the search bar in IE, and this
problem does not occur if I use a normal keyboard.

The second problem involves the fact that I have two different input
languages defined. Sometimes the TIP shows one language, whereas the system
is actually typing in the other language.

Has anyone else seen these problems?

Thanks,
I. Kinal

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, do you use Tablet PC Input Panel feature?

Based on my test using my mouse, I cannot reproduce your issue on my test
Vista machine. You may test the issue in Clean Boot mode as below.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the
Administrators group to follow these steps. If the computer is connected to
a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from follow these
steps.

1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press
ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type
your password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then clear the Load
system services and Load Startup Items check boxes. You cannot clear the
Use Original Boot.ini check box.
3. On the Services tab, select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box,
and then click Disable All.
4. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.
5. After Windows starts, determine whether the symptoms still occur.
Note: Look closely at the General tab to make sure that the check boxes
that you cleared are still cleared. Continue to step 6 if all of the check
boxes are cleared. If the Load System Services check box is the only
disabled check box, the computer is not clean-booted. If additional check
boxes are disabled and the issue is not resolved, you may require help from
the manufacturer of the program that puts a check mark back in Msconfig.

If all of the check boxes are cleared, and the issue is not resolved, you
may have to repeat steps 1 through 5. However, you may also have to clear
the Load System Services check box on the General tab. This temporarily
disables Microsoft services (such as, Networking, Plug and Play, Event
Logging, and Error Reporting) and permanently deletes all restore points
for the System Restore utility. Do not do this if you want to keep your
restore points for System Restore or if you must use a Microsoft service to
test the issue.

6. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press
ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type
your password, or click Continue.
7. On the General tab, select the Load system services check box, click OK,
and then click Restart to restart the computer. If the issue continues, the
issue is with one of the System services. If the issue does not continue,
repeat this step for the Load Startup Items check box. After the issue
occurs, the last item that you selected is the item where the issue is
occurring.

Note: We strongly recommend that you do not use System Configuration
Utility to modify the Boot Advanced options on the computer without the
direction of a Microsoft support engineer. Doing this may make the computer
unusable.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:07:10 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
|
| I am having some very annoying problems with the Tablet Input Panel and
IE.
| The first is that the address bar in IE does not seem to like the TIP. It
| usually takes about 10-20 seconds before the address bar will accept the
| input that I am trying to type through the TIP. I have not seen this
problem
| with any other text entry area, including the search bar in IE, and this
| problem does not occur if I use a normal keyboard.
|
| The second problem involves the fact that I have two different input
| languages defined. Sometimes the TIP shows one language, whereas the
system
| is actually typing in the other language.
|
| Has anyone else seen these problems?
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal

Yes, this problem happens exclusively with the Tablet PC Input Panel.

I tried following your directions, but after the first restart, my stylus
did not work at all.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, do you use Tablet PC Input Panel feature?

> [...]

| Subject: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:07:10 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
|
| I am having some very annoying problems with the Tablet Input Panel and
IE.
| The first is that the address bar in IE does not seem to like the TIP. It
| usually takes about 10-20 seconds before the address bar will accept the
| input that I am trying to type through the TIP. I have not seen this
problem
| with any other text entry area, including the search bar in IE, and this
| problem does not occur if I use a normal keyboard.
|
| The second problem involves the fact that I have two different input
| languages defined. Sometimes the TIP shows one language, whereas the
system
| is actually typing in the other language.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

Thanks for your response.

Can you create a new user account to monitor the issue?

> [...]

| > issue is with one of the System services. If the issue does not
continue,
| > repeat this step for the Load Startup Items check box. After the issue
| > occurs, the last item that you selected is the item where the issue is
| > occurring.
| >
| > Note: We strongly recommend that you do not use System Configuration
| > Utility to modify the Boot Advanced options on the computer without the
| > direction of a Microsoft support engineer. Doing this may make the
computer
| > unusable.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | I am having some very annoying problems with the Tablet Input Panel
and
| > IE.
| > | The first is that the address bar in IE does not seem to like the
TIP. It
| > | usually takes about 10-20 seconds before the address bar will accept
the
| > | input that I am trying to type through the TIP. I have not seen this
| > problem
| > | with any other text entry area, including the search bar in IE, and
this
| > | problem does not occur if I use a normal keyboard.
| > |
| > | The second problem involves the fact that I have two different input
| > | languages defined. Sometimes the TIP shows one language, whereas the
| > system
| > | is actually typing in the other language.
| > |
| > | Has anyone else seen these problems?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |

OK, when I logged on to my machine using the Administrator account, I found
that the first issue, where the address bar is unresponsive, does not occur.
So that part might be related to my specific user account. How would I
troubleshoot that?

Thanks,
Iwan

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

| > issue is with one of the System services. If the issue does not
continue,
| > repeat this step for the Load Startup Items check box. After the issue
| > occurs, the last item that you selected is the item where the issue is
| > occurring.
| >
| > Note: We strongly recommend that you do not use System Configuration
| > Utility to modify the Boot Advanced options on the computer without the
| > direction of a Microsoft support engineer. Doing this may make the
computer
| > unusable.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | I am having some very annoying problems with the Tablet Input Panel
and
| > IE.
| > | The first is that the address bar in IE does not seem to like the
TIP. It
| > | usually takes about 10-20 seconds before the address bar will accept
the
| > | input that I am trying to type through the TIP. I have not seen this
| > problem
| > | with any other text entry area, including the search bar in IE, and
this
| > | problem does not occur if I use a normal keyboard.
| > |
| > | The second problem involves the fact that I have two different input
| > | languages defined. Sometimes the TIP shows one language, whereas the
| > system
| > | is actually typing in the other language.
| > |
| > | Has anyone else seen these problems?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

From your reply, it does not occur on other user profile. Therefore, the
issue may be related to certain applications in the problematic user
profile. Please remove all thirds party applications to test the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:10:35 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
|
| OK, when I logged on to my machine using the Administrator account, I
found
| that the first issue, where the address bar is unresponsive, does not
occur.
| So that part might be related to my specific user account. How would I
| troubleshoot that?
|
| Thanks,
| Iwan
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > Thanks for your response.
| >
| > Can you create a new user account to monitor the issue?
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:38:00 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | Yes, this problem happens exclusively with the Tablet PC Input Panel.
| > |
| > | I tried following your directions, but after the first restart, my
stylus
| > | did not work at all.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > test

| > connected to
| > these

| > press
| > type
Load
| > the
| > box,
| > check
| > check
| > from
| > Msconfig.

| > you
| > clear
Event
| > points
| > service to

| > press
| > type
| > OK,
| > the
| > continue,

Configuration
| > computer

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
Panel
| > and
| > TIP. It
| > the
| > this
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |

OK, here's what I tried: from my regular user profile, I did Run as
administrator to open Internet Explorer. Under this scenario, the first
problem again did not occur - in fact the TIP was very quick in coming up and
in recognizing my handwriting - much quicker than when I do this starting IE
normally (running under my account). To me, this does not sound like an
application problem, but rather a permission issue somewhere.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Iwan,

From your reply, it does not occur on other user profile. Therefore, the
issue may be related to certain applications in the problematic user
profile. Please remove all thirds party applications to test the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:10:35 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
|
| OK, when I logged on to my machine using the Administrator account, I
found
| that the first issue, where the address bar is unresponsive, does not
occur.
| So that part might be related to my specific user account. How would I
| troubleshoot that?
|
| Thanks,
| Iwan
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > Thanks for your response.
| >
| > Can you create a new user account to monitor the issue?
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:38:00 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | Yes, this problem happens exclusively with the Tablet PC Input Panel.
| > |
| > | I tried following your directions, but after the first restart, my
stylus
| > | did not work at all.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > test

| > connected to
| > these

| > press
| > type
Load
| > the
| > box,
| > check
| > check
| > from
| > Msconfig.

| > you
| > clear
Event
| > points
| > service to

| > press
| > type
| > OK,
| > the
| > continue,

Configuration
| > computer

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
Panel
| > and
| > TIP. It
| > the
| > this
| > | > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

I have tested your issue further but I cannot reproduce your issue.

At this moment, I suggest may try to disable UAC using the following ways
to monitor the issue:

Use User Accounts to turn off User Account Control
1. Open User Accounts. To do this, click Start, type accounts in the Start
Search box, and then click User Accounts in the Programs list.
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an
administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click
Continue.
3. Click to clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your
computer check box, and then click OK.
4. Restart the computer.

Use the System Configuration Utility to turn off User Account Control
1. Open User Accounts. To do this, click Start, type msconfig in the Start
Search box, and then click msconfig.exe in the Programs list. If you are
prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the
password, or click Continue.
2. On the Tools tab, click Disable UAC, and then click Launch.
3. Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart the computer.

Note: We strongly recommend that you do not run Windows Vista when UAC is
disabled. However, you can temporarily disable UAC to test a legacy
application. You can temporarily disable UAC in two ways.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:36:23 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
|
| OK, here's what I tried: from my regular user profile, I did Run as
| administrator to open Internet Explorer. Under this scenario, the first
| problem again did not occur - in fact the TIP was very quick in coming up
and
| in recognizing my handwriting - much quicker than when I do this starting
IE
| normally (running under my account). To me, this does not sound like an
| application problem, but rather a permission issue somewhere.
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > From your reply, it does not occur on other user profile. Therefore,
the
| > issue may be related to certain applications in the problematic user
| > profile. Please remove all thirds party applications to test the issue.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:10:35 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > | troubleshoot that?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | Iwan
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
Panel.
| > | > |
| > stylus
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > my

| > Load
| > clear
| > check
| > occur.
| > boxes
| > the
| > only
| > help

| > resolved,
| > temporarily
Play,
| > Event
| > your
Microsoft

| > click
| > continues,
| > issue
| > is

| > Configuration
| > the

| > newsreader

| > | > | > |
| > Panel
| > accept
| > this
IE,
| > and
| > | > | > |
| > input
| > the

I disabled UAC, and I noticed a definite imporvement in the performance of
the address bar - it behaved just about as well as it does when I run IE as
administrator.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

IE
| normally (running under my account). To me, this does not sound like an
| application problem, but rather a permission issue somewhere.
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > From your reply, it does not occur on other user profile. Therefore,
the
| > issue may be related to certain applications in the problematic user
| > profile. Please remove all thirds party applications to test the issue.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | Iwan
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
Panel.
| > | > |
| > stylus
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > my

| > Load
| > clear
| > check
| > occur.
| > boxes
| > the
| > only
| > help

| > resolved,

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

I am glad to hear that the performance has been improved.

> [...]

are
| > prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the
| > password, or click Continue.
| > 2. On the Tools tab, click Disable UAC, and then click Launch.
| > 3. Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart the computer.
| >
| > Note: We strongly recommend that you do not run Windows Vista when UAC
is
| > disabled. However, you can temporarily disable UAC to test a legacy
| > application. You can temporarily disable UAC in two ways.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | OK, here's what I tried: from my regular user profile, I did Run as
| > | administrator to open Internet Explorer. Under this scenario, the
first
| > | problem again did not occur - in fact the TIP was very quick in
coming up
| > and
| > | in recognizing my handwriting - much quicker than when I do this
starting
| > IE
| > | normally (running under my account). To me, this does not sound like
an
| > | application problem, but rather a permission issue somewhere.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

Therefore,
| > the

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > newsreader

| > | > | > |
Input
| > Panel.
| > | > | > |
| > my
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > on
| > below.

| > the
| > follow

| > then
| > confirmation,
| > the
Services
| > check
| > of
| > additional
| > require

Hi

I do not consider this a resolution - I have no intention of running my
computer with UAC disabled. I find it to be one of the best new features of
Vista!

Thanks

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

are
| > prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the
| > password, or click Continue.
| > 2. On the Tools tab, click Disable UAC, and then click Launch.
| > 3. Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart the computer.
| >
| > Note: We strongly recommend that you do not run Windows Vista when UAC
is
| > disabled. However, you can temporarily disable UAC to test a legacy
| > application. You can temporarily disable UAC in two ways.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | OK, here's what I tried: from my regular user profile, I did Run as
| > | administrator to open Internet Explorer. Under this scenario, the
first
| > | problem again did not occur - in fact the TIP was very quick in
coming up
| > and
| > | in recognizing my handwriting - much quicker than when I do this
starting
| > IE
| > | normally (running under my account). To me, this does not sound like
an
| > | application problem, but rather a permission issue somewhere.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

Therefore,
| > the

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > newsreader

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

Thanks for your response.

Based on your situation, I suggest you create a new user account with
administrator privilege to see if the issue still occurs when you logon
with the user account.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:44:08 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi
|
| I do not consider this a resolution - I have no intention of running my
| computer with UAC disabled. I find it to be one of the best new features
of
| Vista!
|
| Thanks
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > I am glad to hear that the performance has been improved.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:49:47 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | I disabled UAC, and I noticed a definite imporvement in the
performance
| > of
| > | the address bar - it behaved just about as well as it does when I run
IE
| > as
| > | administrator.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > ways

| > Start
| > an
| > your

Control
| > Start
| > are

UAC
| > is

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > first
| > coming up
| > starting
| > an
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > Therefore,
| > user
| > issue.

| > newsreader

| > | > | > |
| > account, I
| > not
How
| > would
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > confers no

OK - I created a new account with administrative privileges. I tested IE, and
this problem does not occur in this account.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Iwan,

Thanks for your response.

Based on your situation, I suggest you create a new user account with
administrator privilege to see if the issue still occurs when you logon
with the user account.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:44:08 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi
|
| I do not consider this a resolution - I have no intention of running my
| computer with UAC disabled. I find it to be one of the best new features
of
| Vista!
|
| Thanks
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > I am glad to hear that the performance has been improved.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:49:47 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | I disabled UAC, and I noticed a definite imporvement in the
performance
| > of
| > | the address bar - it behaved just about as well as it does when I run
IE
| > as
| > | administrator.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | I. Kinal
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > ways

| > Start
| > an
| > your

Control
| > Start
| > are

UAC
| > is

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > first
| > coming up
| > starting
| > an
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > Therefore,
| > user
| > issue.

| > newsreader

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

Thanks for your response.

From your response, it does not occur on a new user profile. This issue may
be related to certain configuration or services. To verify if the issue is
caused by a third party service or application, please re-use MSCONFIG in
Windows Vista and disable all third party applications and services to
monitor the issue. If the problem does not occur after doing that, you have
to check the app and service one by one to narrow down the root cause.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:24:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| OK - I created a new account with administrative privileges. I tested IE,
and
| this problem does not occur in this account.
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > Thanks for your response.
| >
| > Based on your situation, I suggest you create a new user account with
| > administrator privilege to see if the issue still occurs when you logon
| > with the user account.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:44:08 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | I do not consider this a resolution - I have no intention of running
my
| > | computer with UAC disabled. I find it to be one of the best new
features
| > of
| > | Vista!
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > performance
| > IE
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > following

| > the
| > for
| > click
| > protect

| > Control
| > the
If
| > you
| > the

| > UAC

| > newsreader

| > | > | > |
Run
| > as
| > like
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > the

| > confers no

Actually, over the past few days the performance of the TIP improved
significantly - its still not as good as when running under the
administrative account, but I can live with it. I think that this was caused
by the security update released last Tues. However, the second problem that I
mentioned back at the beginning - where the keyboard language is incorrect -
still occurs, including under the administrator account.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Iwan,

Thanks for your response.

From your response, it does not occur on a new user profile. This issue may
be related to certain configuration or services. To verify if the issue is
caused by a third party service or application, please re-use MSCONFIG in
Windows Vista and disable all third party applications and services to
monitor the issue. If the problem does not occur after doing that, you have
to check the app and service one by one to narrow down the root cause.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:24:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| OK - I created a new account with administrative privileges. I tested IE,
and
| this problem does not occur in this account.
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Iwan,
| >
| > Thanks for your response.
| >
| > Based on your situation, I suggest you create a new user account with
| > administrator privilege to see if the issue still occurs when you logon
| > with the user account.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:44:08 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | I do not consider this a resolution - I have no intention of running
my
| > | computer with UAC disabled. I find it to be one of the best new
features
| > of
| > | Vista!
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > so
| > rights.

| > | > |
| > performance
| > IE
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > following

| > the
| > for
| > click
| > protect

| > Control
| > the
If
| > you
| > the

| > UAC

| > newsreader

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Iwan,

Thanks for your response and let us know the performance has been improved
so far. If the issue started happening recently, also you may use System
Restore to see if you can revert back to the correct status.

For your other keyboard language incorrect issue, it is not related to the
performance issue. I suggest you submit a new post so that our other
engineer will follow up this.

Thanks for your cooperation.

> [...]

rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with TIP in IE
| > | Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:24:03 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | OK - I created a new account with administrative privileges. I tested
IE,
| > and
| > | this problem does not occur in this account.
| > |
| > | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| > |

| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>