Problem receiving some emails

zcovey

I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to
me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a
few never came through. This is very important!!!

Gary VanderMolen

Check to see if those missing emails are accessible on the server by going
to your webmail page (using Internet Explorer).
If the emails aren't on your provider's server, Windows Mail can't download them.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"zcovey" wrote in message
I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to
me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a
few never came through. This is very important!!!

Josette

I have ths same problem. There are mysterious e-mails which I see disappear
under my own eyes when I am receiving them. I just checked my webmail. They
are there.

What can I do?

Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

Assuming your Windows Mail downloaded those missing messages
they have to be in one of the folders. Have you checked in the Junk E-mail
and Deleted Items folders? Also, make sure each folder (especially Inbox)
has its current view' set to "Show All Messages".

"Josette" wrote in message
I have ths same problem. There are mysterious e-mails which I see disappear
under my own eyes when I am receiving them. I just checked my webmail. They
are there.

What can I do?

Thanks

Josette

Yes of course I have been looking in the delete and junk e-mail folder and
they simply have disappeared. The other day I sent an e-mail with an
attachment which registered as "sent" in the sent folder. Shortly after, one
of those mailer daemon message appeared for a fraction of a second and
disappeared right away. This is SCARY as I can't even be sure that my
e-mails have been sent.

Gary VanderMolen

Well, you didn't address the other folder possibilities in your original
problem statement, so I had to make sure.
This time around you failed to address my second suggestion.

"Josette" wrote in message
Yes of course I have been looking in the delete and junk e-mail folder and
they simply have disappeared. The other day I sent an e-mail with an
attachment which registered as "sent" in the sent folder. Shortly after, one
of those mailer daemon message appeared for a fraction of a second and
disappeared right away. This is SCARY as I can't even be sure that my
e-mails have been sent.

R. C. White

Hi, Josette.

That can happen if you set Mail to Hide READ messages - and then you set it
to "Mark messages read after _2_ seconds" - or some other too-short time
period. The messages aren't really deleted, but Mail hides them because
they are now marked "Read" - as you told Mail to do.

Do the messages "come back" if you set View to Show all messages? (As Gary
suggested - twice.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA