Problem opening Scan Wizard Pro software with Microtek Scanner

Reaction score
I have a Microtek F1 scanner with the latest version of ScanWizard Pro Version 7.041

Driver 4800 AF Scanner Version 1.06 software . Every time I open the software and start a Pre Scan a dialog box pops up saying -

FILESCAN MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please tell Microsoft

Doing a Google on “FILESCAN MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to close” brings up several other people with similar scanner problems. So this is not unique with my setup. I also run SilverrFast scanner software with the same scanner and it works fine.

I am running Windows XP with SP2 380GB HD.

Can anybody suggest a solution.

Regards, George

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is probably a problem with their coding if you are able to use other scanner software to import images. From a google I've found other people have problems with the Microtek scanner software too. It might be worth contacting their tech support to see if this is a known problem with the scanner application :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
This is probably a problem with their coding if you are able to use other scanner software to import images. From a google I've found other people have problems with the Microtek scanner software too. It might be worth contacting their tech support to see if this is a known problem with the scanner application :)

Hello Ian, Thanks for your prompt reply. I have posted the problem with Microtek and will let you know their response. kanga

Ask a Question