Privacy and hotmail

**{Steven}**

I have been trying to log in to hotmail and I keep getting blocked by
privacy settings. My current setting is meduim and I am using version
6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920 I also have 128-bit cipher strength. I have
tried adding urls to the list and click on allow. Even this does not work.
How do I get past this without turning my privacy off completely?

Thanks In Advance

Steven Connor

Lola

I had that problem before. What had happened to me is a
friend had logged into their hotmail on my computer and I
was then locked out of my hotmail. After much
frustration, and I finally set up a yahoo account because
MS just kept telling me they saw nothing wrong. Finally
they suggest that I set my security level to the lowest
level, then I logged in and it worked, then after you get
back set it high again. Hope it helps. I don't use
hotmail much anymore because it is such a hassel.

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Steven,

In order to fix the error, you need to change Internet Explorer's Privacy
settings.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab. Click "Edit" button.
4. In the Address or Web site, type www.hotmail.com, click "Allow", click
OK.

This will add Hotmail.com to the list of domains that always allow cookies.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
--------------------
| From: "**{Steven}**" <none>
| Subject: Privacy and hotmail
| Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:40:03 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| I have been trying to log in to hotmail and I keep getting blocked by
| privacy settings. My current setting is meduim and I am using version
| 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920 I also have 128-bit cipher strength. I
have
| tried adding urls to the list and click on allow. Even this does not work.
| How do I get past this without turning my privacy off completely?
|
| Thanks In Advance
|
| Steven Connor

**{Steven}**

As I said in my original post, I have already done that. I cannot get to the
account. Any other suggestions?

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Steven,

Go to:
Internet options > Privacy
Click on advanced.
check: "Override automatic cookie handling"
set: First-party cookies to: "Accept"
set: Third-party cookies to: "Accept"

There was a program called "AdSubstract" listed in the Startup Grup Items
list, which changes the privacy settings in Internet Explorer. If you have
installed the application, please remove it.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
--------------------
| From: "**{Steven}**" <none>
| Subject: Re: Privacy and hotmail
| Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:38:43 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| As I said in my original post, I have already done that. I cannot get to
the
| account. Any other suggestions?
|
| | > The entry can simply be 'hotmail.com' and I'd suggest also adding
| > 'passport.net' to that list.
| > --
| > HTH...Please post back to this thread
| >
| > ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
| > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
| > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| Privacy

| click

| > cookies.

| > have
| > work.

**{Steven}**

Well, I tried that and it did not work. I shut down my privacy and turned
off my firewall and I still could not log in. I clicked through the other
tabs and noticed that I had my security customized. I reset it to normal and
everything works just fine. I guess that your security can't be any better
than medium to log in through IE. Oh well. Thanks for all the help.

Steven Connor

PA Bear

Bah!
--