Printing problem with Canon i9950

  • Thread starter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=
  • Start date

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

Hi all,

I just bought a Canon i9950 and have got some great prints and some really
really really bad prints. The great prints were on Ilford Smooth Pearl Paper
using Ilford's recommended settings, although the setting may be a bit out of
date for the latest i series Canon's.

The crap prints were on HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper. I tried nearly every
paper and quality setting but the ink did not absorb into the paper while
printing so it sort of collected into blobs. Very dissapointing. Perhaps I need
to slow the printer down. I did notice a "drying time" setting somewhere in the
printer settings but didn't think to try it.

Any suggestions?
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

Colonel Blip

I have an i950 (s820 before that) and I could never get HP paper to do well.
Best bet - OD or the Red River papers, IMHO.
 
C

Cerridwen

BenOne© said:
Hi all,

I just bought a Canon i9950 and have got some great prints and some
really really really bad prints. The great prints were on Ilford
Smooth Pearl Paper using Ilford's recommended settings, although the
setting may be a bit out of date for the latest i series Canon's.

The crap prints were on HP everyday semi-gloss photo paper. I tried
nearly every paper and quality setting but the ink did not absorb
into the paper while printing so it sort of collected into blobs.
Very dissapointing. Perhaps I need to slow the printer down. I did
notice a "drying time" setting somewhere in the printer settings but
didn't think to try it.

Any suggestions?
Yes, don't use HP paper - Canons hate it. I've had three now (the latest
also being an i9950) and the altering the drying time does nothing - all
that setting is there for is to give one sheet the time to dry before the
next is printed, it doesn't make each individual print dry faster. I use
JetTec paper - and JetTec inks (well, all except for the red and green,
they're still Canon), but I'm not sure if they distribute to Australia.
Don't bother attempting to find Red River paper, they don't distribute
outside the US.
 
?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

Cerridwen said:
Yes, don't use HP paper - Canons hate it. I've had three now (the latest
also being an i9950) and the altering the drying time does nothing - all
that setting is there for is to give one sheet the time to dry before the
next is printed, it doesn't make each individual print dry faster. I use
JetTec paper - and JetTec inks (well, all except for the red and green,
they're still Canon), but I'm not sure if they distribute to Australia.
Don't bother attempting to find Red River paper, they don't distribute
outside the US.
Thanks all for the replies.

I've found a source for 140gsm Ilford double sided A3 and A4 paper.
The A3 is about $2 (US$1.42) a page, and the A4 is $0.37 (US$0.26) a page.
How does that compare to similar weight double sided A3 and A4 papers in the US?
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Miss Perspicacia Tick

BenOne© said:
Thanks all for the replies.

I've found a source for 140gsm Ilford double sided A3 and A4 paper.
The A3 is about $2 (US$1.42) a page, and the A4 is $0.37 (US$0.26) a
page.
How does that compare to similar weight double sided A3 and A4 papers
in the US?
LOL!! There's no point asking a Yank that, Benny boy! They don't have a clue
what A3 and A4 mean! They're still in inches over there! You don't state
what weight the Ilford is but 76p for an A3 sheet's not bad (are you meaning
their A3 Classic Gloss? That's £1.20 a sheet over here and the A4 is 48p.
The weight is 240g/m², but I'm not sure it's double sided). The Yanks use
lbs/in² which I can't interpret.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top