Printer / Mouse Setting Dialog boxes

Reaction score
Hullo, I wonder if anyone else has seen (and solved) this.

I have an old Epson Stylus C60 printer, running through USB to XP (SP3). I have run this printer on Windows 98/XP/Vista, Mac OS 9/Panther, and various Linuxes and have never seen this problem before:

The dialog boxes no longer display fully, and there is no way to change the size in order to access all of the settings in Windows XP (no problem in newer Linux or any other older OS I still run).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Stylus software (all of it) a few times from the original CD, and have tried the various drivers from the Epson site as well. This is a problem that has appeared over the last few months.

I am having the same problem with Logitech Mouse software, which is a bit crucial as I like to run a particular model of an old 4-button trackball (crap for games, saves carpal tunnel issues on word processing).

I'm wondering if there is some incompatibility issue with an XP update. I've looked at the NVidia display thing and don't know if I'm overlooking anything there. I also wonder if I've done one tweak too many with Ace Utilities 'registry cleaning'.

I'm afraid I've let this problem go on for a couple of months and even if there was a system restore point before the problem, I'd lose a lot of apps/settings (but willing to back up files and list apps/settings if that would have worked!). The problem appeared after months of running this latest XP install.

I know that these are both old pieces of hardware. What I wondered was if anyone had seen this before in recent Windows, and if they were able to 'fix' without too much reinstalling Windows angst.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Give one last try to uninstall the two programs. Run CrapCleaner, then re-install. Worth a try.
user.gif

Reaction score
After some more searching around, I see that there is a utility out there called ResizeEnable. Before adding yet more applications, I dug some more to see if there was something in Windows I could try. I've been seeing the cut-off dialogs all over the place,not just in the two programs I mentioned.

Um, yes there is a Windows fix, and I feel like an idiot again.

I added another account a few months back, and have been playing a lot with desktop settings on both desktops.

I went to the font settings (under Display/Appearance) in my usual account and changed the font DPI back to the default DPI of 96. Voila...

Still want somewhat larger display settings, but now I know where to go back to if I run into problem again.

What a schmo I am.

Ask a Question