Epson printer software

Reaction score
I'm moving over from my 9 year old Dell Windows 7 Desktop PC to my new Dell Windows 10 All-in-one and I need to set up my current Epson DX4000 series printer for the new Dell (assuming I can?). I've got the original set up disk but the All-in-one has no integral CD drive.
I'm assuming I can download whatever's necessary from the internet to run my old printer but not sure exactly what to download.
Any help appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, everything should be on the Epson site that @nivrip posted :). Here's a direct link to the drivers for your printer - just download them once you've got it plugged in and running on your new W10 PC:

You will likely not even need to install them, as Windows 10 will fetch the drivers automatically. However, if you're familiar with the Epson scanning software already, it may be that you want to install the software yourself direct from the Epson site (as the Windows drivers may not come with some of the additional software).

Reaction score
I think I may have a problem as I've now moved everything over onto my new Dell PC and connected up the printer.
I tried to download the drivers for my model and it's completely discontinued and no longer supported.
Looks like I'll have to buy a new printer unless anyone know s another way of acquiring the drivers other than the Epson website until I buy a new one.

Reaction score
Hi there nivrip.
When I first tried getdriverepson.com I ended up with a problem with adverts which I've finally got rid of as well as some other obvious diversions.
I reluctantly went back to it later and got a Fraud warning from my browser so haven't dipped my toe in again.
I had previously tried the 'pukka' Epson website which said they were no longer available and had been discontinued so wasn't altogether surprised.
Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
I've downloaded the drivers (2 and an update) but the printer I've got isn't exactly up to date and the original came with a CD!
However my new PC hasn't got a disc drive and I don't know how to load any other required software (including a printer icon) onto the new comp to make it work.
Perhaps I ought to buy a new printer!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm surprised you have a problem. My Epson printer is ancient and came with a CD, which I still have, but I find it much easier to just download the software from the Epson site. I did this just a couple of months ago and everything works just fine. I downloaded the new drivers, attached the printer and the PC hooked everything up automatically. I didn't actually have to do anything else at all. :)

Just thinking now. Can't remember whether I had the printer attached and switched on when I did the download or whether I attached after the download. You could always try both ways if necessary. :nod:

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the end I bought myself a new Epson XP-4100 Printer anyway and as usual it came with a disk to download automatically all the software I needed.
However as my new pc has no disc drive, I wondered is it possible to copy all the files on the disk onto a USB memory stick and run the launch program from that, to load all the necessary files and drivers?

Reaction score
is it possible to copy all the files on the disk onto a USB memory stick and run the launch program from that, to load all the necessary files and drivers?
Probably, but you could download the drivers here:

Reaction score
Thanks Peru Bob
That does look a lot easier.
Do I just download the files under 'recommended for you'?

Reaction score
- just download them once you've got it plugged in and running on your new W10 PC:

In my day, whenever you bought a new printer or whatever, they always used to tell you to install the software and drivers BEFORE plugging in the hardware. Is that not the case anymore?

Ask a Question