power supply question

Reaction score
i'll keep that in mind when i decide to get the Xi-Fi card.as for drivers and installing HW,i always install the one from the CD and if somethings better online,just remove it and replace it with the better one:user:

thanks again for the link on the arctic silver 5 V_R:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well when i did my X2, i spread it around using a *clean* credit card. as long as its an even thin layer then you should be fine. :thumb:

Just dont use your finger! :D

Reaction score
i wont use my finger,now that you said it:lol:

i'll try and do it by tomorrow before new year and take some pics of me applying the arctic silver step by step:user:

so would covering the whole with the arctic advisable???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It will spread when you put the HSF on so bare that in mind.

There are lots of guides on the web, just gotta go looking for them.

Try this and this

I know your using a P4 and the links are for an AMD but the process is the same. :)

Remember, Thermal Paste has only one purpose, to fill the microscopic imperfections in the heatsink to provide better contact and surface area with the heatsink and the cpu. That means that more does not convert into lower temperatures.

Reaction score
hello its me again... thanks V_R for all the links and advise about thermal paste...

just got my hands on an arctic silver 5 yesterday... it was kind of hard to find from where iam took me 3 days to find a shop that has it in stock.

2 days more and its then my day off comes and plus 2 leave days so all in all got 4 days to finish up the PC.took me almost forever to put all the bits and pieces together so im kind of excited hows it all gonna work out.

bought my self some games too.quake 3 collectors ed,never winter nights 2,company of heroes collector ed,and one more(i forgot the name,sorry).it was on discount so got my hands on them before they went out of stock.

anyways gonna post again soon.. happy new year to all :)

Ask a Question