PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL

Hello,
Can anybody tell me why everytime I log of of my computer or reset
it the hpcmpmgr.exe pops up and asks twice before I can log off? It started
happening after I used the Disk Clean Up Feature on the hard drive
preferences. How can I stop it from popping up my Moms going to kill me when
she finds out I messed her computer up. Please Help Eric...

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Why is it doing it? Likely something removed during the disk cleanup. How
to stop it? Try using System Restore to take you back to a time prior to
when this started. Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System
Restore.

If that doesn't resolve it, you need to understand, hpcmpmgr.exe is not a
Windows file, it appears to have something to do with HP, is this an HP
system. If yes, the only way out may be to use whatever recovery procedure
HP supplied for the system.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Eric going to be grounded" <Eric going to be
news:[email protected]...

francis gérard

"Eric going to be grounded" <Eric going to be
Hello,
Can anybody tell me why everytime I log of of my computer or reset
it the hpcmpmgr.exe pops up and asks twice before I can log off? It
started
happening after I used the Disk Clean Up Feature on the hard drive
preferences. How can I stop it from popping up my Moms going to kill me
when
she finds out I messed her computer up. Please Help Eric...

apparently, this is a common issue with certain HP printers (HP is notorious
for their poorly coded drivers)

found this, check here:
http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/t-6587.html