Bargain please help - psd99

Reaction score
hello everyone

i have been putting this off for ages and ages but there are 3 things i need to buy
one of them, i need in the rather nearer future

1. USB Bluetooth Adapter
2. 256mb or 512mb MMC Memory card for a Nokia 6230
3. USB MMC memory card reader

1 . ive been lookin on the net for the usb bluetooth adapter. looking on maplins they can offer me one for £14.99, Can anyone here suggest a better place which is cheaper?
this is the device i need in the immediate future

2. The MMC memory card i looked on ebay looks like the best place and cheapeest but the problem is most of the cheap ones come from the far east!

3. aint looked into number 3 properly!

Please could u advise me of other sites where i could get a good deal or a real BARGAIN!!!:)

thanks for reading this everyone
psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
thanks me 2001

for my number 3 the memory card reader look at the following page at the very bottom
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Card_Readers.html

this will fit in the space of a 3.5 inch floppy drive, pretty handy should u have the space!
ne1 know what ill need to connect it on the inside?
A normal floppy drive cable - connect to motherboard floppy port - and a spare USB port on the motherboard for the media reader.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
A normal floppy drive cable - connect to motherboard floppy port - and a spare USB port on the motherboard for the media reader.

a floppy drive cable? but my motherboard already has a floppy drive cable connected to a floppy drive..

would this mean that i wont be able to have a floppy drive flops?? :p

what abt the 5.25 inches ones will that still need a floppy cable?
cheers

im now looking on ebuyer to look for a bargain!

Reaction score
No it wont use a 3 12" floppy cable because it dosen't have a built in floppy drive.

It will sit below the floppy drive and all it will need is a USB header :)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
No it wont use a 3 12" floppy cable because it dosen't have a built in floppy drive.

It will sit below the floppy drive and all it will need is a USB header :)

thanks

i hope this is the case!

looking on ebuyer i can get a internal ebuyer 7in1 reader for £5.66
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=60661

and for a bluetooth adapted another ebuyer version at £14.09
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48442

thats the cheapest I have seen what does everyone think??

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Mitsumi floppy AND memory card reader

Check the link below for the Mitsumi floppy drive + combined memory card reader.

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Submit=search&Category=14

I use one of the silver ones. It would replace your current floppy drive, so you can use your existing floppy cable, and to connect the media card readers, you need a spare USB header on your motherboard - the header plug that plugs into the motherboard is a single plug (not separate plugs for each wire/pin which can often prove complicated) so connection is really easy.

Supported media for the card reader slots as follows:
CF (Compact Flash),
Microdrive,
SM (Smart Media??),
MS (Memory Stick),
SD (Secure Digital),
MMC (do enlighten me what this stands for!).

Very easy to install and use, and doesnt take up unnecssarry drive bay as it is contained within the floppy drive unit. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reaction score
Hmm, I have the floppy drive and card reader thing on my system, and Yup I only got one floppy drive cable. Its definatley not hooked up with a seperate cable at least, and I'm not infront of it at the moment, but I can give you very deatailed info in a few days.

Reaction score
yer i need to buy a new one

the old ones blown i lost 11 quid

need an internal one tho

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So did you ever get any of this stuff PSD99?

In my earlier post I assumed it was a combined floppy drive/card reader, like the one cache-man linked to, hence me saying you'll need a floppy drive cable.

I didn't realise it was just a card reader, me bad :blush:

Reaction score
i like the one u posted about cache-man but its like too much a score is outa my league!:(

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
So did you ever get any of this stuff PSD99?

In my earlier post I assumed it was a combined floppy drive/card reader, like the one cache-man linked to, hence me saying you'll need a floppy drive cable.

I didn't realise it was just a card reader, me bad :blush:

1. USB Bluetooth Adapter
yes i got it from overclockers 12 quid it was its a MSI one of the buys of the year for me its cheap and its really good

2. 256mb or 512mb MMC Memory card for a Nokia 6230
funny u should mention this one it cost me £27 quid including p and p and i only got it 2 days ago!
got this from ebay it was shipped from Hong Kong was a bit worried about this.

3. USB MMC memory card reader
heres the bad one i got one from overclockers for 11 quid
total waste of money! not only does it not work but its burnt my mobo pins i beleive!:(

so rite now its a 20k a second job using my bluetooth adapter to transfer all my data over.
very slow but im coping with it

im torn now between an external card reader and an internal one
right now im just looking for the dead cheapest.

:)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Psd,

I always use these people for all my memory requirements, they is always the cheapest and do some fantastic deals on Readers and bluetooth stuff.

Dealt with them loads of times so no worrys there.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk

Ask a Question