3. NO CAPS ie monthly usage
4. Price £20 would be reasonable
because right now im getting ripped off at £30 a month totall bs really
i would never reccomend bulldog to anyone
biggest mistake of my internet career
BULLDOG SUCK I wish them LIQUADATION
for life!!!!!!

please list out my options on this thread please
obviously it would be nice if you have first hand experiences with the company concerned

i just looked on bt
on first impression it appears that they have a lot of caps which i dont like the look of.

also im a bit worried that there may be a time for abt 2 -3 weeks
where i wont have the net because im transferring...
ne1 know more about this?

cheers psd99

Reaction score
£17.99 6GB Max download with virgin.net.
But i'm sure others will post better deals later:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://www.nildram.net/ :thumb:

That's who i is with, very very happy so far. I just had a speed increase to 2MB yesterday. (After my old isp (AOL) told me i cant get over 1MB!) :rolleyes:

Nildram have a 50GB fair usage policy, but that only applies between 8am and midnight. Midnight to 8AM downloads dont count towards your limit.....

PSD, have a look round this website. They got lots of good info for ya if you go looking for it.
user.gif

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Reaction score
I'll have a scoot about PSD and find some offers for you :)

I'll also check my DSL prices, haven't sold a 1MB line in a long time!

Reaction score
Whatever You Choose Do Not Go With Tiscali!!!

DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY THEIR GOOD OFFERS! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RUBBISH!!! :mad:

I recently got disconnected,....they said they were having some problems but that I should be back on line in about 2 weeks,..... and I was supposed to twiddle my thumbs until then??

I advise against going with anyone that has a 12 month contract.....there is a reason they do this!!
nod.gif

I was thinking of changing to Virgin as they are one of the cheapest and NO contract. I also believe 1st month is free (as I remember it)

BT are also rubbish. Overpriced and their technical help lines were very expensive.

AOL was OK. I had a few problems, but they had free technical helpline so didn't feel so bitter when things went wrong.

A friend of mine recommended Talk Talk, which has an AMAZING deal at the moment....£20 for broadband, phone line, and free landline calls. But phoned them and they have a 3 month waiting list. :(

Reaction score
Well, here's my opinion;

Bad:

-AOL
-Tiscali (They don't provide MAC codes)
-Wanadoo
-Pipex
-BT

Good:

-Nildram
-PlusNet
-NewNet
-Demon

That's my list so far, of pricing i would recommend any deals by Nildram, as their the most cost effective and efficient plans, their staff are great also.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i wouldn't reccomend tiscali either, although they dont have any limits on what you can download they send you threatening emails for downloading a 50MB file during peak hours :confused:

i'm with plusnet at the moment and havent had any problems yet

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i wouldn't recommend tiscali either, although they dint have any limits on what you can download they send you threatening emails for downloading a 50MB file during peak hours :confused:

Really!? That's pathetic....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a couple, one good, one bad:

Zen, possibly the best, one month contract, £25.00 a month. I've been with them 3.5 years now.

Orange - absolute crap, poor customer service, expect downtime.

I just found out my monthly bandwidth usage from Zen, I'm online a lot, don't download that much, occasional Linux distro and some music and play online games just about every day.

May 2006: 7.9Gb
June 2006: 7.8Gb
July 2006: 3.5Gb
August 2006: 5.5Gb
September 2006: 6.1 Gb.

This plan is £25.00 a month and allows 20Gb a month bandwidth at up to 8Mb speeds.

I stuck with my old plan, only 512Mb download speed but unlimited bandwidth but now I know my monthly bandwidth usage, think I'll change to the above plan.

On another topic, what would I need to host a Games server? I have not a clue.

Reaction score
Floppy, you want to host a gameserver on your DSL line?

And yeah, add that to my list, Zen are also great.

Reaction score
Yeah i've encountered one of those so called 'Threatening' letters from Tiscali V_R, they take the pi** basically, your paying for a package, so why cant you use it how you want!

And that's when i left them to realise they don't offer MAC codes.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
cImrie said:
Well, here's my opinion;

Bad:

-AOL
-Tiscali (They don't provide MAC codes)
-Wanadoo
-Pipex
-BT

Good:

-Nildram
-PlusNet
-NewNet
-Demon

That's my list so far, of pricing i would recommend any deals by Nildram, as their the most cost effective and efficient plans, their staff are great also.
You know Pipex own Nildram now don't you... and i just found out that they are now traffic shaping.....:mad:
HERE

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, haven't visited ADSLguide for a long time, only normally visit there to moan about my internet when it breaks, but since it's though my own company now, i just slap myself if it breaks!

I did not know Pipex got Nildram, that's pants, Nildram were a good ISP, i bet it'll go downhill over the next few months.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tell me about it, maybe i'll be moving sooner than i thought...

Reaction score
I'm with Tiscali now - though not for much longer :lol:

What's a MAC code?

I can't believe I've stuck with Tiscali for 2.5 years. It's only cos I dread setting up with another ISP only to discover that they're s***e too!!

Never heard of Zen. Probably because I'm looking for something no dearer than £15 for unlimited broadband per month.

Does anyone have Virgin? How are they?

Reaction score
A MAC code is a "Migration Authorisation Code" which lets you swap ISP's without any downtime, e.g. you just wait 5days, punch the new details for the new ISP into your modem and it switches over with no downtime.

Providers that don't offer a MAC code make things hard, as then they have to cease adsl on your line, which takes upto 3 weeks, then you have to reapply for adsl on your line, which also takes a similar time scale, and sometimes also includes a new ADSL Provisioning Setup Cost from BT.

A summary would be;

Gives MAC Code = Around 7Days to Switch ISP
Doesn't Give MAC Code = Around 3Weeks to Switch ISP, could take longer!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
when i left tiscali they gave me a MAC code no problems, i just simply emailed and asked for it

Ask a Question