psd99's monitor upgrade (with pictures)

Reaction score
It's my upgrade!

It arrived. Ordered on Thursday with ebuyer arrived yesterday and opened up today.

£200 well spent I think! Very happy with it. It looks so great and feels wonderful think I am in love!

Check out these pictures :

The boring old monitor... Look how unattractive she looks. I spent the good part of THREE years looking at her every day for a fair share of hours. We got her from Staples for £150 which was a good price for a 17 inch monitor! RIP little bitch!

This is how the sexy Samsung looked like when it was boxed and sitting on my floor. I love opening new items and felt really excited to be opening her up! I had not slept properly all night perhaps 4 hours and was up just before 5am. BUT as a hardware enthusiast THAT didn't stop me from opening up this box and get it up and running! That's what I call INFATUATION!

Some of the cables that came in the box

the moment I have been waiting for.........afters MONTHS ON END refreshing the ebuyer site 11 times a day and coming on to PCReview to and ringing up my friends and colleagues. Ladies and gentlemen welcome to............

My brand new SEXY SAMSUNG 22 inch monitor, right here she looks dead

At this point she was out of the box and I was getting ready to put her on the desk. Look at this comparison picture. It's like going from a Ford Fiesta to a brand new series BMW M3. Good enough for me.

The clutter that emerged when trying to replace my old Ford Fiesta with this sexy M3 of a beauty.

And here is how she looks when sitting pretty on my desk.

I first connected up using VGA and the results were desirable. I could not get the DVI cable to work. So I installed the Samsung software from the CD, looked in graphic's card properties. Plugged in and out the DVI cable and restarted the PC. BINGO it was working and for the first time in my life I had seen Digitial Visual Interface in my FACE! lol

I am running a resolution of 1680 X 1050. Which to be honest is brutally appealing. Considering I was using a resolution of 1024 X 768 before. How much of a step up is that?

The real moment I have been waiting for ALL WEEKS and months ON END :

And VIOLLA the ultimate comparison picture:

I am pretty EUPHORIC right now. Considering ebuyer had upped the price by £20 quid the day after I paid for it.

Samsung get my vote it's amazing how well they have done over the last few years.

Their screens look amazing and that amazement, I beleive spreads into all Samsung screen owners! Best £200 I have spent in years:)

Regards,

psd99

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh and she matches well with the rest of my setup. As you can see black speakers, black keyboard, black mouse and now a shiny sexy black Samsung monitor. :)

I will definetly be getting a black full tower for my MAJOR upgrade in June/July but of course that's all a different story.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That monitor looks great psd99, 22" seems just about right doesn't it? :) I bet gaming is amazing on that :D

I always like threads with loads of pics :nod:

Reaction score
I like your monitor psd99.I also like your uncluttered desk,does it stay that way or is it just for the pictures of your new Samsung monitor?
I`ve got a Samsung digital camera,it works like a dream and it goes with me every where.
historian.

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Your new monitor looks very classy Psd99, very nice indeed :thumb:

(....and how the heck do you keep your desk so tidy!!) :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
That monitor looks great psd99, 22" seems just about right doesn't it? :) I bet gaming is amazing on that :D

I always like threads with loads of pics :nod:

Oh gaming would be brilliant.

I am going to get a xbox 360 elite in the next few days hook it up with a hdmi to dvi cable
should be good

plus in the summer I will upgrade my GFX :)

Reaction score
historian said:
I like your monitor psd99.I also like your uncluttered desk,does it stay that way or is it just for the pictures of your new Samsung monitor?
I`ve got a Samsung digital camera,it works like a dream and it goes with me every where.
historian.

lol
Thanks, it does stay uncluttered as much as I can.

In the picture with the 17inch it's somewhat messy even for my standards.

How is the samsung Camera then?

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Your new monitor looks very classy Psd99, very nice indeed :thumb:

(....and how the heck do you keep your desk so tidy!!) :D

cheers,
you know how sometimes you get those people that are mad about being clean and tidy?

Well I am not that extreme but pretty close to! :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice looking screen you got there mate .

happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Christmas can come at any time of the year ... :thumb:

:D

Reaction score
haha thanks all.

I got to work on setting the colour/contrast that sort of thing.

It's still not setup to look so great yet. The first thing my mates will do when they come round is "what's up with the colour?"

I am reknown for having a poor colour/contrast/brightness choice.

Reaction score
Looking fly!

Was thinking of getting one myself! is it HD ready? cos I was thinking of buying an xbox to hook it up on!

Reaction score
Hi gman,

It's actually DVI which has full 1080i HDCP support.
I plan to use a dvi to hdmi cable with a xbox elite.

Reaction score
It seems I have the same idea as you (I read your other thread) I would like to easily be able to change between xbox and PC, it is as simple as buying a switch?

Also let us know how you get when linking it up with the xbox! I for one would be interested in what it looks like! :)

Reaction score
Yes it is as simple as buying a switch.

Well I was looking for a DVI switch but could not seem to find one or a cheap one. You would need something like this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125966 I don't think it's worth that much though.

It's easy to setup.

I am considering sticking the PC on VGA and then the XBOX on DVI. We'll see how it goes.

Ask a Question