Windows XP Please help with bluetooth

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I purchased a bluetooth adapter (rocketfish) for my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It came with the USB thumb drive bluetooth receiver and the drivers. I installed the drivers and everything worked fine. I however got a nasty virus and had to reformat my computer. When I went to reinstall the drivers to use the bluetooth adapter again windows said it "failed the windows xp logo test" and it wouldn't install the drivers. So I went to rocketfish.com and download the drivers from there. It installed fine and never said anything about the "windows xp logo test" but whenever I try to turn the bluetooth device on it tells me that it "failed a license check" and it wont turn on. Im out of ideas and dont know why this isnt working considering that none of it is torrented software. Please help me out.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

Did you update Windows XP to the latest service pack before installing the drivers? If I remember correctly, the bluetooth stack was updated in SP2 or SP3.

Reaction score
I did update them actually and that solved my problem, but however I ran into another. The bluetooth is now recognized by my computer and the drivers are properly installed, however, when I try and search for devices to link my keyboard I get a message saying "your bluetooth device could not start the search for devices". I tried updating the drivers here: www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php but it gets stuck at the validation stage of the download process. More help?

Thanks

Ask a Question