perpetual rebooting

Jeff

I ran a critical update yesterday. Continued to use my
computer Win2K Pro for another 5+ hours w/ no problem.
Went to my computer this-morning to find it starting up.
I watched it, it got to the login screen, stayed for about
15 seconds, then rebooted again... Everthing runs fine in
Safe-Mode w/ network support. Just before reboot, it
flashes a blue-screen of death. The only word I manage to
make out is memory. (I have 128 RAM, 14GB HD only 6GB
used). Looking at the Event Log (in Safe-Mode) I see this
event:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck
was: 0x0000007f (0x00000008, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,
0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was
saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini011504-87.dmp.

I have tried to repair using my Win2K Pro CD, no avail.

any ideas?

Joe Griffin [MSFT]

Hello,
You are experiencing a "double fault" because the first parameter is an 8.
There are various issues listed in the knowledge base that can cause a
"double fault".
If you applied MS04-003, it is probably an issue with a service that was
running which uses MDAC and the MDAC update was not successful. Start in
safe mode, or stop any services using MDAC (such as SQL and Exchange), and
see if you can re-install the patch.
Joe Griffin [MS]