PepperWhite Mapping Software

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Roger D. Taylor, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Roger D. Taylor

Roger D. Taylor

I am looking for the PepperWhite mapping .VBX I purchased it sometime in the 1990s. I wrote a great map using it. I lost it in a house fire along with a friends Mother. I need this vbx so I can read the data from the CD and draw my maps. I am using visual basic 6.0, I know it is a 16 bit program but I am working on fixing all that.
    Someone please help me. I am now retired, 74 and want to redo my program. I have NO intentions of making a program to Sell. I may give it to the Fire Departments, or Emergency Management centers in the Parish I live in. It is a Gas Dispersion Model that I used at the Chlorine Plant I worked in as Safety Manager. My company gave me the rights to the program.

We eventually purchased a system from Dupont Safer.

Roger D. Taylor, Apr 20, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Roger D. Taylor

Abarbarian Acruncher

Abarbarian, Apr 21, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Roger D. Taylor

Pajl

It seems you may have found the Pepperwhite control. Because of our need for maps over the years, we have found a way to generate current Pepperwhite map files from public sources like OpenStreetMaps. It this would be of help, please contact me.

Pajl, May 6, 2018
  4. Roger D. Taylor

FernandoV

I am interested in this. we have a need for updating our Pepperwhite maps to a current opensource version.
    if you can send any pertinent info I would love it.
    thanks.

FernandoV, Jan 31, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question