PCI Combo card not detecting external device

G

I got one of those PCI cardbus for my laptop computer, with 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 firewire ports, made by the Ali Corporation. I've loaded the drivers from the disc that came with it, as well as any newer versions of the same drivers off their website. I've also uninstalled the drivers and tried to have WinXP auto detect, and that didn't work either. The device manager says the device is enabled and working properly. When I plug my new DVD writer into my regular USB 1.1 ports, the computer detects it right away and says "you have a high speed device plugged into a non high speed USB plug" or something like that. So I know it's not a problem with XP detecting the device. Absolutely nothing happens when I plug the DVD writer into the PCI cardbus USB 2.0 ports. I also bought and installed Service Pack 1 from Microsoft, thinking that might correct the problem. It didn't. Frustrating!!

G

Ask a Question