PC World at their best..........

Reaction score
Hey,

Well, i decided to buy a laptop to take to oz with me. Long story short, went to PC world, told them what laptop i wanted (was gonna buy two) and they decided that they have increased the price from £570 to £1000 despite still advertising it for £570 in their catalogue. Asked to speak to the manager, and the best they could offer was if i bought the two laptops, total price now £2,000, they would give me a free laptop bag. Woo-freaking-hoo!!

Bunch of cowboys.

Bodhi.

Reaction score
definetly do not bother with them again

went there 8 years ago to buy my packard bell

never went back, instead just opened up that pc and started to add stuff.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

Well, i decided to buy a laptop to take to oz with me. Long story short, went to PC world, told them what laptop i wanted (was gonna buy two) and they decided that they have increased the price from £570 to £1000 despite still advertising it for £570 in their catalogue. Asked to speak to the manager, and the best they could offer was if i bought the two laptops, total price now £2,000, they would give me a free laptop bag. Woo-freaking-hoo!!

Bunch of cowboys.

Bodhi.

That is really bad - surely they aren't allowed to advertise at one price and sell at another? Was it a misprice?

Give trading standards a call if you are feeling particularly peeved :)

Reaction score
I have a cunning plan, will let you know the outcome. Probably nothing to exciting cause their customer service is worse than useless!!

Reaction score
If they advertise one price they are required by law to sell it at that price

(T&C's apply)

Reaction score
Thats not true KGB, if the advertise at one price it is known as "an invitation to treat". They dont HAVE to sell it to you. You could walk into a shop with 40p to buy a mars bar, but they dont HAVE to sell you it. Its a terrible rule. However, most places would, and they would also sell you at a price if it was THEM that made the mistake. But not good old reliable pc world. You can always rely on them to provide second rate customer service!! They need to be taugh a lesson as they have been getting away with this for too long. The internet is full of stories from customers with similar experiences from this shower of chancers.

Reaction score
the internet is full of bad reviews of companies. remember, on the net, people only judge a company by how mny bad reviews it has. never do they judge on how many good reviews - that is because there are no good reviews

----

A happy customer will tell his neighbor
a unhappy customer will shower the web with bad reviews

Ask a Question