PC reboots when turned off

Reaction score
:blush: My wife's PC reboots when she shuts it down, the only to stop it is to turn the power supply off. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem as it is something I haven't come across before. She is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit:bow:.Thanks in advance for any help:blush:
:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'd want more info. :)

Have you disabled automatic reboot?

Has this just started or did you 'update' something ... like an auto update from MS :)

Laptop or PC?

Shop bought Dell hell or IBIM (I built it myself)

:user:

Reaction score
Hi gang thanks for the replies. (1) It Is a IBIM (2) No settings have been reset (3) Updates are kept up to date (4) it just happened as if by magic(4) PC is about 3/4 years old and Hard drive was full formatted before Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit was installed about 1 year ago.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
:thumb:I have been out all day and just got back 0230 thought I would boot up PC before bed, Good news the PC or should I say Windows has repaired its self. Thank you all for your help and advice:D As Mr Mucks said Windows 7 has the capacity to repair its self, and thank you all for your input:bow:

Ask a Question