PC problems odd Crashes during games.

Reaction score
This is really annoying, i just got a new replaced X1800 GTO because the previous one was faulty.

IF you read my previous thread you should have known i had crashes when i installed a new stick of 1 GB DDR2 ram on my mobo last week and for some unknown reason this issue was fixed by swapping memory slots. And the pc worked fine and no crashes.

But know i have installed my new graphic card , the same problem is re-occuring.
Every 3-5 minute in Games either i get an error message from the games or my pc just reboots.

Bear in mind:
-I have installed latest drivers
- I Tested the memory and even used PC Stress ram test , everything was fine
- PC is not overheating
-Graphic card is running at 55-59 C which is stable
- I Reformatted and reinstalled windows

I am running out of ideas, anyone has a clue what is happening?

Here is my temperature reading from my pc:

Attachments

• speed.JPG
    speed.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
does it only crash when playing games?

if it does try older graphic card drivers

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just out of interest, In the screenshot, your 'remote 2' temp is up at 114C. Do you know what that is?

I know you said it aint overheating but thats hot! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll second the memtest - and as V_R says, what is the 114C for? :eek:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
never looked at the screen dump, thats got to be the graphics card i dont think a P4 would last at those sort of temps and i cant think of anything else that would get that hot

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
never looked at the screen dump, thats got to be the graphics card i dont think a P4 would last at those sort of temps and i cant think of anything else that would get that hot
My thoughts exactly.....I am sticking to an overheating issue. :)

I got speedfan at home, and my 6800GT shows up as 'Remote Temp' Which is the same as the 'ambiant temp in the nvidia control panel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No my grpahci card temp is around 55-61

I dont have a clue whats remote 2 is 114 C, is it perhaps the power suplly?

Anyone know which devices is that remote2 Temperature?

By the way i just removed the pc4200 1GB stick, no more crashes. Thats odd

It was working fine with the onboard graphic card but as soon as i plugged in my new X1800 GTO those crashes begun.

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Could be an overheating issue as already said in previous posts or could be a power issue through the memory track...Either way ti's going to be a little bugger to track down...

Reaction score
Pc temperature is stable.
the 114 c is the powersuplly.
i just put a 256MB DDR 2 stick to replace the one that was crashing, now i have a 1GB DDR 2 + 256 MB DDR2 on the mobo, no crashes , so ill cross out the power issue through the memory track

crazylegs said:
Could be an overheating issue as already said in previous posts or could be a power issue through the memory track...Either way ti's going to be a little bugger to track down...

Ask a Question