PC over heating??

Reaction score
Normal temps whilst crunching are between 42 to 44C, but in last few days have shot up to 50C. Thinking of cleaning air vents & side fans of dust to see if temps come down, but not able to do this until Tuesday? Or is it as we are having warmer days??

What are the workinging temps for a Asus A8N-E motherboard?
Are the temps i'm now getting still normal??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is that for the CPU? If so it seems ok to me - however it might be worth keeping an eye on it over the next few days. The hot weather has taken its toll on my PC too, as the fans are on about 50% power now instead of humming along quite happily at 20%.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Its because of this hot weather we're having at the moment.
I was playing elder scroll IV: oblivion the other which normally takes my 6800GT to around 65-70c max, now its hitting over 80c :blush:.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Is that for the CPU? If so it seems ok to me - however it might be worth keeping an eye on it over the next few days. The hot weather has taken its toll on my PC too, as the fans are on about 50% power now instead of humming along quite happily at 20%.
Yes it's the CPU temp, i have just cleaned out all the dust from both the side fan & air duct of dust so that may help. I normally crunch at temps of between 42-46C, but with the hot weather this has climbed to 50C.

As you say, i will monitor it over the next few days:thumb: . Didn't know if Muckshifter or someone else would know what the max temp is for a Asus A8N-E motherboard?

Update: Seems the temp have droped 2C so clearing dust has made the air flow better;)

Thanks for the advice:thumb:

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
even with all the fans i have i've noticed that my HD's are running warmer and my CPU temps have risen by 2C

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The days are quite warm ... ;)

I have one PC here running over 60c ... it ain't crashed yet. :D

Reaction score
Cheers for all your advice:thumb: , will just monitor it to see how they pan out.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Didn't know if Muckshifter or someone else would know what the max temp is for a Asus A8N-E motherboard?
Don't worry about the MB ... and you have loads of headroom for the CPU

:thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Its because of this hot weather we're having at the moment.
I was playing elder scroll IV: oblivion the other which normally takes my 6800GT to around 65-70c max, now its hitting over 80c :blush:.
Ouch!

My 7600gt only gets to 52 in Oblivion ... and will "slow down" IF it gets to 115c ... so I think you have some headroom left. Maybe? :)

;)

Reaction score
I turned mine off last night, Not risking it over heating. I think thats the reason my PSU went pop the other day due to heat

I have a smal fan also blowing into case from outside so unless it starts to cool down of an evening puter will be getting switched off unfortunately

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hope you will all pardon this interruption - but how do you take the temperature of a PC please? :blush: Short of poking a thermometer into various .... well no, perhaps I'd better not go there, :lol: but my notebook has always seemed to be very hot during use, and over the past few days, it has felt even hotter. It stands permanently on a "Nexus" cooling device which I bought about 18 months or so ago - think it helps a wee bit, but I have also had a room fan aimed at my desk to help a bit more.

Apologies if this question is a bit lame, but I have genuinely no idea how to tell if it is on the point of melt-down. Thank you for reading this. Toodles :wave:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Hope you will all pardon this interruption - but how do you take the temperature of a PC please? :blush: Short of poking a thermometer into various .... well no, perhaps I'd better not go there,
laughingsmiley.gif
but my notebook has always seemed to be very hot during use, and over the past few days, it has felt even hotter. It stands permanently on a "Nexus" cooling device which I bought about 18 months or so ago - think it helps a wee bit, but I have also had a room fan aimed at my desk to help a bit more.

Apologies if this question is a bit lame, but I have genuinely no idea how to tell if it is on the point of melt-down. Thank you for reading this. Toodles
happywave.gif
We are here to help and it's not a lame question, in fact the link was given to me by Adywebb from this site so thanks goes to Ady, oh and me for remembering it:rolleyes:
Now next time you see the same question you will know what to do:thumb:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Hope you will all pardon this interruption - but how do you take the temperature of a PC please? :blush: Short of poking a thermometer into various .... well no, perhaps I'd better not go

ermmmm

okay then pardon u!!!

with regards to a desktop
you could try sticking your cat in and see how she feels!!
just be careful you dont fry her!! poor thing!!

lol

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooh-er ... Majorgeeks wouldn't load so checked out the Everest website direct, they've discontinued their free version and they say it has been unsupported since March this year. Would it still a good idea to download it do you think - I mean from the point of view of being able to discover what the benchmarks mean? :confused:

In the middle of doing that, I remembered a programme that was lurking on the system - forgot it was there (I blame the hot weather!!) it's "Fresh Diagnose" so don't know how that would compare? Anyway, I decided to try it, found "Sensors" but then drew a blank because it reported "An error has occured ... unable to retrieve info. Unsupported chip detected." Hmmm.....:wall:

Thanks for your pardon Psd ... awww can't believe you'd be unkind to a moggie though.

Oh heck ... think a thunderstorm is about to start here... where's my tin helmet.....?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The site is up and running now - just been there, and don't worry about it being 'unsupported' - it will still do the job :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's very handy to know Ady, thanks for the advice. I'll give it another go.

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Thanks for your pardon Psd ... awww can't believe you'd be unkind to a moggie though.

Oh heck ... think a thunderstorm is about to start here... where's my tin helmet.....?

lol

well hope u didnt take my advice

i remember a time on this site when someone suggested cleaning their computer with FAIRY LIQUID and a sponge!!!
could u imagine taking out your memory and cpu and dipping them in a sink full of fairy liquid and water?
DAMN

no names mentioned......but wtf!!

Ask a Question