Over heating, not me my PC

Reaction score
Need some help on this one? I decided to upgrade to this for crunching purposes >

Case I-cute case= jet. Two-14cm fans 1 front 1 rear one 8cm fan side.

AMD CPU> Athlon AM2 5400 DUAL.

MOBO Abit KN9S

Installed everything ok, booted-up no problem apart from this one>

Temperature with stock cooler> idle 65/70c loaded 100% usage 80/85c

Right I installed Zalman CNPS8000 Cooler temps>

Idle 53/58c loaded 100% usage 68/70c.Way to high.

Same set up on my other cruncher with these exceptions MOBO Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4. AMD CPU> Athlon AM2 5600 DUAL. Cooler Thermal-take Mini Typhoon > idle 28/33c loaded 100% usage 40/45c

Any suggestions as I am out of ideas apart from swapping the cooler’s over to find out if that does the trick.

Reaction score
swap them over

lap the cpu

make sure air flow is good in case

if you have overclocked it keep it at stock level

make sure the fans on the heatsinks do not have dust in them

that is my list for now :_)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Definitly sounds like a cpu cooler issue. Take out , clean and try some different thermal grease is all I can suggest. Your case seems well supliied with fresh air.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Definitly sounds like a cpu cooler issue. Take out , clean and try some different thermal grease is all I can suggest. Your case seems well supliied with fresh air.

happywave.gif

Its all brand new swaped grease silver/ TG2/ the case is pure air in and out>>>>>
Definitly sounds like a cpu cooler issue
Yep it sure is if I cant sort it back it will go, after I speak to support AMD Monday:nod:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Thats not a cooler problem, as they are way too high at idle, especially for any zalman, unless the 8cm is opposite the cpu and is sucking air away from it instead of blowing air onto it.

Swap the processors over as they both socket am2 so will fit, i reckon its something to do with the processor or motherboard.

Good luck.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it overclocked????

Could be the voltage is too high?

Best to check the AMD site and then check against the BIOS.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Thats not a cooler problem, as they are way too high at idle, especially for any zalman, unless the 8cm is opposite the cpu and is sucking air away from it instead of blowing air onto it.

Swap the processors over as they both socket am2 so will fit, i reckon its something to do with the processor or motherboard.

Good luck.

unless the 8cm is opposite the cpu and is sucking air away from it instead of blowing air onto it.

No blowing in and below the CPU;) it may well be the CPU as the newer one is the problem, with almost the same spec as the older one. I will do a swap tomorrow if the right answer dont appear tonight:)

Reaction score
Solved.

The problem was the MOBO+Bios fluctuating temps/voltage etc:.

Bloody thing was all over the place have never seen anything like it:wall: .

Did the swap over [CPU] as a last resort no difference on the Abit MOBO, flashed the Bios again using the most up to date one [23] as before no change.

Sent email with explanation forty mins later had a reply apparently it is a common fault with that model produced in 2006?:eek:

Told me take it back did so, changed it.

Installed the replacement MOBO the bios code was [22] on the faulty one it was [14]?

Now running like a dream temps are> Idle 33c >loaded 100% 44c:nod: :user:

Reaction score
I is a happy bunny now:D

Thanks guys for taking the time to look... All`s well that ends well:thumb:

Ask a Question