Installed Scythe Ninja and Zalman ZM-NB47J

Reaction score
Now my computer doesn't like me :(

So, on my Asus A8N SLI Mb, I just replaced the stock AMD heatsink with a Scythe Ninja without a fan and replaced the chipset fan with a Zalman ZM-NB47J.

Now when I boot up my computer, I get a message stating the Windows could not load successfully, and I have to choose Safe Mode, Normal, or Last Known Good Configuration. Several times it wouldn't load at all, but this time Windows happened to boot up in Normal Mode, but my computer thinks it is January 1st 2005.

What is the deal? How do I get my computer to go back to normal :(

Thanks if you can help.

*wish*

P.S. SpeedFan says my temps are:

CPU: 33C
MoBo 1: 34C
MoBo 2: 29C
ACPI-ISA: 40C
HD0: 36C

No idea what those temps are or of those are any good.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wish said:
Now my computer doesn't like me :(

So, on my Asus A8N SLI Mb, I just replaced the stock AMD heatsink with a Scythe Ninja without a fan and replaced the chipset fan with a Zalman ZM-NB47J.

Now when I boot up my computer, I get a message stating the Windows could not load successfully, and I have to choose Safe Mode, Normal, or Last Known Good Configuration. Several times it wouldn't load at all, but this time Windows happened to boot up in Normal Mode, but my computer thinks it is January 1st 2005.

What is the deal? How do I get my computer to go back to normal
Put a HSF ... that is an acronym for a HeatSynkFan ... the Fan is what helps dissipate the heat away from the CPU ... which in turn stops it from Frying.

A Ninja, in Japan, is an expert at espionage & assassinations ... I think you may have been a victim there.

;)

Reaction score
cooking tonight

What is wrong with using the HSF that comes with the CPU, or even getting a better one, why screw about with something that if it does not work you fry your cpu?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
The BIOS clock!!

Change it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Well you can't change the 'clock', you can replace the battery ... I would check the BIOS out ... like making sure it can see any drives by setting all drives to auto. While I'm in there I would reset the time & date back to normal.

;)

Reaction score
Cant change it?

Maybe I wasnt explaining what I meant?

Change the time on the BIOS to the correct time!

Sorry if it looked like I meant actually desolder the the clock and replace it with another. Hmmmm that would be just damn silly wouldnt it ;)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Cant change it?

Maybe I wasnt explaining what I meant?

Change the time on the BIOS to the correct time!

Sorry if it looked like I meant actually desolder the the clock and replace it with another. Hmmmm that would be just damn silly wouldnt it ;)
But fun:rolleyes: :eek:

Reaction score
murdoch said:
What is wrong with using the HSF that comes with the CPU?

its probably the NOISE that gets to him!!!!!

poor lad dont blame him maybe he wants a good nights sleep!

Reaction score
Woo, figured it out.

The problem was that the chipset cooler was not firmly attached to the motherboard, so the sporatic contact was causing overheating and Windows was mad at me.

Thanks for the responses!

Ask a Question