Passwording a wireless connection - how to?

Reaction score
Hi all,

We use a SpeedTouch 585 + Belkin adaptor for our wireless connection between 3 PCs.

Having just moved into a more builtup area, we now need to password our network.

How do we go about this as I cannot find any of the paperwork that came with the SpeedTouch thingy.

Many thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Anniemcc :)

I've found the online manual for your Router here (you'll need a PDF reader installed to view it, so if you don't have one we can recommend one):

http://www.speedtouch.nl/docs/ST585_UserGuide.pdf

If you go to p.35 onwards it should explain how to set a wifi password and secure your network.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Thanks, Ian.

Have tried 3 times to password our wireless network, and each time, we can't re-connect to SpeedTouch to get onto the internet - *stamps foot*

So my poor hubby has re-set the network to unprotected until we can find out what's causing the problem.

Ideas, anyone?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Is this the white V7 box or the older blue V6 box?

And was this supplied by your ISP? if so who? They have a tendency to lock out some of the options or make things complicated

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have a Speedtouch 585 and I got all the info from the CD that came with it.

It leads you through the set up one step at a time.

Isn't the password simply the Hex code that allows you to encrypt the radio signal. That will protect you from the neighbours getting on to your wi-fi. Don't tell me that you've lost the Hex code. :eek:

Ask a Question