Wireless network HELP

Reaction score
Hi

hello please help me.

i've got a speedtouch wireless router and aol broadband. all well and good. i;ve set upthe router to use my assigned account and it has internet connection fine.

however when itry to connect wirelessly use my belkin usb adaptor it always comes up as limited or no connectivity. it knows the network is there and connects to it - but no internet.

i did get it to work once, but it only worked on one user account and not theother in win xp, so started again and the problem effects both accounts.

ALLvery confusing.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? I;m using windows to manage the network (rather than belkin utility).

PLease help me out.

Regards]

Siebloss

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
...a speedtouch wireless router
Which one you got?

and aol broadband
oh dear ... good luck. :rolleyes:

belkin usb adaptor
USB came out in 95, it never worked then, still has major problems now ... get a PCI wirless card.

using windows to manage the network
as I would too, but, as you ain't getting anywhere, try the Belkin stuff anyway ... ;)

Reaction score
check that your internet service provider has given you a ip address for the network.

othwise uninstall the device that you use to connect to the router shut down and restart the pc then install the lan card again.
it should ask for a access code before you can use the network.
you may find this on the underside of the router.
once you have entered this you should be able to use the internet.
hope this helps.
there should be some diagnostics available if you right click on the connection icon in the taskbar.
siebloss said:
Hi

hello please help me.

i've got a speedtouch wireless router and aol broadband. all well and good. i;ve set upthe router to use my assigned account and it has internet connection fine.

however when itry to connect wirelessly use my belkin usb adaptor it always comes up as limited or no connectivity. it knows the network is there and connects to it - but no internet.

i did get it to work once, but it only worked on one user account and not theother in win xp, so started again and the problem effects both accounts.

ALLvery confusing.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? I;m using windows to manage the network (rather than belkin utility).

PLease help me out.

Regards]

Siebloss

Ask a Question