Network Powerline

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We've had problems with getting a reliable WiFi signal in our house, so a while ago I bought some network adaptors to get a decent connection to our lounge (for PS4 and HTPC) and kitchen (Sonos / EE Booster).

Those network adaptors worked well for couple of years (ZyXEL 500Mbps), but we've since changed to TP-Link AV1200 adaptors as the ZyXEL ones started to fail.

What a difference! We're able to max out out internet connection (only ~20Mbps) and the connection is very stable - since installing them there hasn't been a single glitch or connection drop.

I know that powerline network adaptors had a bad name a few years ago, but in the right circumstances they can be great :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've not used them myself but I have heard good things. good to see they're doing a decent job! :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Good to hear that, Ian. I'm half thinking of getting some myself.

Surprised to hear that you've started getting problems with the ZyXELs in only a couple of years.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Surprised to hear that you've started getting problems with the ZyXELs in only a couple of years.

Yeah, me too - looks like it was a known problem with this model, as they RMA'd them just fine (even out of warranty), but I spotted a good deal in the meantime :D.

Ask a Question