Wireless Internet...Need Help.!!!!!!!

Reaction score
So all...i have a problem regarding my wireless router. See i recently switched to virgin and the other day they fitted a new modem into the room where my main pc is. Now because i have another computer in another room i wanted to hook it up to it. So using my Netgear wireless router i connected it up to my virgin modem and the internet worked fine on the main pc. I then bought a belkin wireless network adapter and installed it on my other pc. It installed fine and i was ableto pick up the wireless signal from my netgear. However it says i'm connected to it but the internet does not work and i am not sure what to do. Also when i connect wirelessly to netgear it says local only....help would be gratefully appreciated..=D

Reaction score
hi i have a similar problem: i have a BT wireless home hub and a belkin network adapter. all been working fine for months until a couple of days ago, my PC with the belkin adapter stopped working properly. when i say stopped working, it lost its connection. i have always stuck to using the windows wifi configuration as the belkin one always caused problems. the problem i see now is that windows is now picking up on the belkin adapter as a network connection and also my home connection. strangely, i can connect to the belkin adapter/network but not the home one. connecting to the belkin adapter is extremely tempramental and gives a very poor connection speed.

i've never had to adjust anything on my BT hub but having had a look around, a lot of the configuration settings in the last post(i know its for a different hub)aren't shown.

plz can someone help?

Ask a Question