Sudden decrease in wireless network

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a problem regarding the sudden loss of wireless networks in my house. We have 2 wireless networks, one with BT (used to work better upstairs), one with Virgin (worked better downstairs), both 10 or so meg broadband, work fine - no probs. A couple of weeks ago when looking for wireless networks none were available whereas previously maybe 7 or 8 neighbours were visible. The wireless signal that used to be the stronger of the 2 has all but dissappeared and the virgin network is accesible when you are physically sat next to the wireless router. When you are, the speed of the internet is fine. The same is true for both my housemates laptops with 2 of us running vista and one using xp. We have had a replacement router for the virgin network (standard netgear one) which has done nothing. The signal seems to have become very weak and there appears to be no reason as to why...

Any suggestions please! Could it be interferance of some kind??

Many thanks,
Stuart

Ask a Question