Parts for sale - Socket A

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll be putting these on E-Bay shortly but thought I'd offer them here before I do so.

Reason for sale is I've just upgraded my 'Media Machine' to an AMD AM2 based system.

All parts are in perfect working condition.

Jeantech 300W PSU, boxed. It only has a 20 pin main connector plug - more modern motherboards have a 24 pin connector plug - but suits the motherboard on offer here - £15.00 inc postage.

AMD XP3200 CPU, Socket A, 2.2Ghz, 400fsb - £20.00 inc. postage SOLD

Thermalright SI-97-A Cooler with Antec 92mm fan Link Fan has 3 pin plug.
Boxed with retaining clips to suit 80mm & 92mm fans; Manual, CPU plate; retaining clip & manual - £18.00 inc postage SOLD

001.jpg

002.jpg

1Gb Corsair Value Select Memory, PC3200 (2 x 512Mb) - £20.00 inc postage SOLD

003.jpg

PNY Nvidia 6200 AGP 256Mb Video Card, Boxed with CD & Manual - £20.00 inc postage SOLD

004.jpg

005.jpg

Asrock K7S41GX Motherboard Link.
Boxed with CD, manual, backplate, I x IDE cable, 1 x Floppy cable, 1 x COM Port plate - £25.00 inc postage SOLD

The max fsb is only 133 but it will run the XP3200 comfortably at 2.2Ghz by setting fsb to 200

006.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And not forgetting....

512Mb (2 x 256Mb) Corsair XMS DDR PC2700 memory - £8.00 inc postage SOLD

007.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'll take this if its still on offer .

Boxed with retaining clips to suit 80mm & 92mm fans; Manual, CPU plate; retaining clip & manual - £18.00 inc postage

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I'll take this if its still on offer .

Boxed with retaining clips to suit 80mm & 92mm fans; Manual, CPU plate; retaining clip & manual - £18.00 inc postage

happywave.gif

Yep, consider it yours :)

Probably one of the best, if not the best Socket A cooler produced.

I'll PM you with payment details but as we've traded before, I'll send the goods within the next day or two.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Hi just out of interest for now

is this the model of the motherboard you sold me:

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/...oard&ProductID=1651&ProductName=GA-7N400V Pro

will that xp3200 work in there?

what about a fan for it?

I can't remember which motherboard you purchased from me but I think it was the GA 7N400 Pro, in which case, yes, the XP3200 will run in that board at 400fsb and 2.2Ghz.

There were five variations of that motherboard, only three of them suppport 400fsb - GA7N400 Pro; GN7NNXP and the GN7N400-L1.

The XP3200 would run in the other two but the fsb on them is only 333 meaning you'd have to overclock/increase the fsb to get the CPU to run at full speed.

However, I'm fairly certain I used to run an XP3200 in that board.

I have the original stock cooler/fan, you can have that as part of the deal, I'd just want about £3.00 to cover postage, as it's quite heavy.

Reaction score
yep that is the board
it has currently got xp2200

i think the leap up to xp3200 could be significant.

that is my best board ever I love everything abt it except their are no mounting holes either side of the cpu.I would use this cpu fan I got but it's not good enough, but damn quiet.

I thought the stock fans are normally really noisy *** Im a noise free enthusiast.**

any ideas of the dB rating of the stock fan you got there?

if its over 16dB but not 20dB ill take it off of you.

any ideas where i can get a good quiet cpu fan for that processor then?

I think I will take the cpu even if i cant find a fan at the moment.

cheers

psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The XP3200 would make a difference, it was the top of the range of the Socket A series and runs at a higher FSB than the XP2200 and well as running at 2.2Ghz.

The stock fan is a bit noisy, it's a shame you missed out on the Thermalright & fan above, as that's a good, quiet cooler.

My advice would be not to go for the stock cooler but seek something better.

I would look for availabilty of Socket A coolers first though. To be honest, it probably won't run a lot hotter than the XP2200, I never had problems cooling it.

If the Gigabyte Rocket Pro or equivalent is available for socket A CPU's, get one of those, they're very good and they're quiet.

So, shall I mark the CPU as sold above and ship it to you?

I await your reply.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've still got my old Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro from my old rig (See pic below), not got round to getting rid of it yet, if your interested make me an offer. :)

Wiringsorted.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd go for V_R's Gigabyte cooler, PSD99, that's an excellent heatsink/fan and has a speed control as well if you want quiet.

Alternatively, they still do the Thermalright SI97A, albeit it costs £23.50 plus postage and you'll need a 120mm fan with. Just one left at Tekheads as I type >> Link

Reaction score
Hi will VR's fan do the job and quietly? Is this the one mate : http://icrontic.com/articles/gigabyte_3d_rocket_pro_cooler
but obviously VR you must have a socket A one?

If so how much do you want for me VR?

And Flopps if I take his fan, I want to take the cpu too please and will send out a cheque as soon as possible, would you be interested in throwing in the graphics card too?

what is the lowest price combined you would do for them both?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Hi will VR's fan do the job and quietly? Is this the one mate : http://icrontic.com/articles/gigabyte_3d_rocket_pro_cooler
but obviously VR you must have a socket A one?
If so how much do you want for me VR?
Yes, it will fit any socket iirc, i used it on my old 3200 socket A CPU, then on my 4800x2, only changed it when i went intel coz i wanted something different.

Whats it worth? £15 including p+p. You do paypal?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The socket A retention clip for the Gigabyte cooler is shown in that review.

I will accept £35.00 for both the CPU and video card.

If that price is acceptable please let me know.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have posted the cooler/fan to Abarbaian and the vid card/cpu to PSD99.

I have also cancelled relevant sales on E-Bay.

Just out of interest, the CPU was up to £26.00 plus postage on E-Bay with 1 day 10 hours to go, so you done well Mr PSD99 ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi flops , cooler arrived today ta muchly . It looks pretty impresive I must say . Do you have the retaining brackets for the K8 installation ?????
user.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Hi flops , cooler arrived today ta muchly . It looks pretty impresive I must say . Do you have the retaining brackets for the K8 installation ?????
user.gif

No, I don't and I never did, I'm afraid.

When you wanted it, I assumed it was for a socket A CPU, as this thread is titled 'Socket A Parts For Sale' and I posted a photograph showing all the parts it comes with.

Is it now worthless to you then?

I do have a couple of brackets for a Gigabyte Cooler that look as though they may suit, I can post a pic of them if you like, but I'm really not sure if they are suitable.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yup saw the title of your thread . Should have asked before I bought but its not a problem . Pics would be good if its no trouble .

Meanwhile has anyone else got the missing brackets I need ???????????

I'm gona change me monicker to " Goofy "
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question