Stuff for sale

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've decided to forego playing old games on Win 98, just about played Nocturne, Shadowman and Quake to death so am letting go of my Socket A machine.

I put this together in 2004 and it's been a fine and reliable machine.

I'm asking £140.00 for the whole machine, plus postage (probably about £20.00) and if it doesn't sell after a few days I'll sell the parts seperately, detailed pricing below.

Here's the specs followed by pix:

DFI LAN Party Ultra II B Motherboard Link
AMD Athlon Socket A XP3200 2.2Ghz CPU
Gigabyte Rocket CPU cooler
1Gb DDR Memory (2 x 512Gb) (Probably Crucial)
Nvidia 6800 AGP Video Card 128Mb 8 x
Vantec IDE hard disk caddy with five swappable trays and one spare tray chassis
Hard disks, all IDE (PATA): 120gb; 80gb; 80gb; 60Gb; 20Gb – WD, Seagate & Maxtor
Asus DVDRW, PATA
Liteon DVD ROM Drive, PATA
A Floppy Drive
Lian Li PC61 Black aluminium case with side window; two optical drive stealth covers; Front X interface panel with firewire, mic and headphone sockets.
Jeantech 350 Watt PSU
Linksys Wireless NIC card

The hard drives are in caddies and swap in and out of a chassis mounted in one of the 5.25" external bays. Three trays are silver, two are black and a black tray is fitted to match the case. A spare chassis tray, unsused, is also included, colour silver.

The FrontX panel also has two USB sockets, not shown in pix but the Lian Li case has two USB ports mounted under a flap, lower front of case. This panel came with the motherboard and is coloured beige. I sprayed the cover matt black and the paint is becoming a little worn.

There are three neon tube lights fitted, a 12" blue one and two x 6" UV tubes which accentuate the motherboard's UV reactive slots and other items. A front mounted switch on one the 3.5" bay blanking plates turns them on and off. George, the green gargoyle from Tintagel, is sadly not included, I've grown attached to him.

The case has four 80mm fans, Vantec and Pabst as I recall but can't be sure, 1 x top mounted, exhausting; 1 x rear mounted, exhausting; 2 x front mount, intaking. The front pair have a three position speed switch.

One PSU rear retaining plate gnurled screw on the case has sheared off in it's socket but doesn't affect the mounting security.

The CPU was briefly overclocked from 2.2Ghz to 2.6Ghz for a few months. Arctic silver was used to mount the cooler. The cooler has a front mounting speed control pot mounted next to the neon tube switch. The CPU cooler led's (4 x blue) are currently not connected.

The DVDRW drive is as new, has only burnt a few disks.

All drive cables are rounded. The blank external drive bay covers for the case are included.

All manuals, CD's and other relevant items included. There is no CD for the graphics card but Nvidia drivers are available online.

The NIC card is only a few months old.

Current temps on idle are 35C CPU and 30C motherboard.

All postage prices estimated by me.

I think that covers everything, here are some pix:

The motherboard:

dfiboard.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Black HDD tray:

003.jpg

Silver HDD tray:

004.jpg

FrontX Panel:

005.jpg

The hard disks in their caddies:

006.jpg

The spare silver caddie chassis:

007.jpg

If the machine isn't sold for £160.00 which includes first class postage within a few days, I'll sell the parts seperately and also offer them at the Hexus forums.

Here's the breakdown, postage estimated by me:

Motherboard - £25.00 (postage £5.00)

CPU - £20.00 (Postage £3.00)

Memory - £8.00 (Postage £2.00)

Video card - £10.00 (Postage £5.00)

PSU - £5.00 (Postage £6.00)

DVDRW - £10.00 (£4.00 postage)

DVD ROM Drive - £5.00 (£4.00 postage)

Caddies & Disks - £60.00 (£12.00 postage)

Linksys wireless card - £6.00 (£3.00 postage)

Rocket cooler - £5.00 (£4.00 postage)

Lian Li Case - £40.00 (£10.00 postage)

If items are sold seperately in most cases I have the original box, CD & manual.

Payment only by bank transfer, postal order or cheque. Cheques take 4 or 5 working days to clear.

Reaction score
Hi Flopps you must be sad to see to say goodbye to this PC.

Anyway I'm going to watch this thread and hope that for my sake you don't sell it all at once. I would be interested in the Aero Rocket CPU cooler.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Is a total bargain for £160 delivered, wish i still had my ebay account as you could make a tidy profit breaking that up for resale.

Anywho, if it doesn't sell i would very much like to be considered to purchase the graphics card if i may.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, not many takers then, so I've been thinking.

I'm going to hang on to the Case/Floppy Drive/Optical Drives/PSU which I think will act as a good base for anybody wanting a new system built by me. There's actually a Jeantech 700W PSU in there atm, I was going to swap that for a 350W PSU from my media machine but now I'll leave the 700W one in there.

Wayne, you can have the vid card, send me fifteen quid, I'll PM you my address. I don't have your address, if you could PM me that, I'll send you the card. I've dealt with you before so send me a cheque or PO or bank transfer (I'll include details in PM) and I'll post the card right away.

If you've changed your mind and no longer want the card, that's fine, I'll just include the card in the motherboard package and up price accordingly.

I'm going to offer the DFI Motherboard/XP3200 Sckt A CPU/1Gb DDR RAM/Rocket cooler as a package for £50.00 including postage if anybody's interested.

psd99: The Rocket cooler I'll be offering with the motherboard package is the one with the potentiometer speed control.

That leaves one without the pot. Which I believe you've just sold one of :confused:

So are you sure you want that?

Please let me know.

I'm going to start a new thread in a day or two, revising parts for sale. They will be cheap, I just want to shift this stuff.

I have some other stuff to get shot of as well, probably including a pair of 35Gb Raptors.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Flopps,

Yes please for the card, have PM'd you.

How much for a single Raptor??? If i may enquire?

Was considering a 150GB for Vista and Games, but if you are possibly selling some then.......

Edit: If you can stomach ebay and have time, then i reckon the CPU, Mobo and RAM will go for a lot more than £50, not many Socket A DFI boards about and if i recall you said the CPU was a Barton??

Last edited:

Ask a Question