Outlook7 and POP3 - in 2 machines configured but 1 does not receive Incoming mail

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using Outlook of a Godaddy supported account without a problem for a few months now in my desktop. The Outlook 7 settings are POP3.
After yesterday, I had to configure the same account in my laptop and now I am not receiving any of the e-mails I have been sent or send myself in my Outlook Inbox in my original desktop. I can see all incoming e-mails in the web-mail, however. I can see all the newly received e-mails in my Outlook in the laptop too.
I can send e-mails from Outlook and they are received without a problem from my desktop.

I have "Clear categories on mail" rule only in my desktop.
Anyone who has an idea what might have gone wrong/I have changed (the boot sector was corrupted and then it was fixed for my desktop) would be greatly appreciated.
Will all e-mails reach Inbox if I have the same Godaddy account configured both on desktop and laptop or they'll be visible only in the machine where I first open them?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
the mails may be being deleted if you are reading the mails off your laptop first ... always leave a copy on the 'server' should make the mails visible until you physically delete them.

it's all can think of. :)

Reaction score
Thank you, muckshifter!

I doubt that is the reason - in both my laptop and desktop I have "Leave a copy of messages on the server" ticked.

I did some more research and understand some Exchange account and POP3 are required so I can access the emails from multiple locations but still have no idea how I could find it

If your profile does not contain a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account, your messages are stored on your computer in a Personal Folders file (.pst). However, if your profile contains both an Exchange Server and a POP3 e-mail account and you use the default setting to deliver all new messages to the Exchange mailbox, your downloaded POP3 messages are stored in your Exchange account on the Exchange server. Any profile you use, on any computer, with access to the Exchange server mailbox would be able to see the previously downloaded POP3 e-mail messages. You can use Outlook rules to deliver POP3 messages to a .pst file when the profile also contains an Exchange e-mail account.

Anyone can give some pointers? How can I make sure I use the default setting to deliver all new messages to the Exchange mailbox?

Ask a Question