GOG - 2 step verification e-mail not received

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are there any other GOG (Good Old Games) users here with 2 step verification enabled?

I've not been able to access my account, as whenever I am sent a 2 step verification code e-mail, it never arrives. I've checked my junk folder, etc... and there's nothing there. I'm using Office 365 as my e-mail provider, which comes with some fairly comprehensive diagnostics, and nothing seems amiss. I've not had any other problems with e-mails not received, across tens of thousands over the years.

I contacted GOG support, who were fairly responsive - but I would essentially need to set up another e-mail address with another provider to try that and see if it works. Not an ideal solution. Instead, I've asked to disable 2-step verification on that account.

Is 2 step verification working with GOG for anyone else here? It seems to be happening to other users on the net, but not consistently.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not a GOG user I'm afraid.....

Sounds like a royal pain in the ass though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, I enabled 2-step verification as a sensible precaution, and it's locked me out :wall:. Their newsletter e-mails reach me fine!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I use 2SV where ever I can for obvious reasons, it's great when it works.....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a GoG account but wasn't even aware of 2 step verification so can't help.

Not too impressed with their Galaxy client though, unnecessarily complicated imo.

Also, I used to able to download the complete game to a folder so I could backup to DVD/BDR but now it seems whole games can't be downloaded, only installed from a download whilst using Galaxy, much the same as the Steam arrangement.

Considering they're always banging on about 'no digital rights management and once you buy it the game is yours' this really isn't an ideal state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.

I'm a bit moany lately ain't I? Still can't get Gears Of War 4 to work on PC either Grrrrrr

Good luck with your email prob Ian.

Ask a Question