Outlook OUTLOOK Unread message indicator

Reaction score
Hello all

here's a tricky one, there's a mailbox which everybody has access to, however when sending mails to it the unread indicator increments accordingly but no messages appear in the inbox. We have an exchange server here, but I've no idea why it allows the mailbox to believe it has received something in its inbox, by way of the unread indicator, and yet it fails to show any new messages. It's as if the mailman has told you he has a letter for you but then fails to deliver it to you, even though you know he's got it!!

What the hell is going on?!?! Any ideas folks?

Bests
jase

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have lots of e-mails in that folder already? If so, its probably being displayed somewhere but not at the top of the list.

Click the sort bar that looks like a sheet of paper, between the exclamation mark and paperclip - it should sort the unread messages to the top. I've had this before when my computer clock (or the senders) was set wrong, as it appears at the bottom of the list.

Reaction score
thanks Ian, but there's only three messages within the inbox, any new messages sent to this mailbox do not appear, and yet the unread indicator continues to increment accordingly, i.e, it is accurate as it states clearly the number of messages that ought to be present in the inbox.

help!!

Ask a Question