Outlook Outlook Error 0x80042110

Reaction score
For the last month or so My Outlook Client has not been able to receive email from my sbcglobal email account. I am receiving the following error: Task '(e-mail address removed) - Receiving' reported error (0x80042110) : 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. The number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider.'. When I log into my Webmail my mailbox is full but none of it is being forwarded to my local Outlook client. I have talked to AT&T support and they have connected to my PC remotely and they checked all of my settings to be sure my settings were correct and they were. Let me add that I have had this email for 20 years and never had a problem. I am also able to to send mail from Outlook successfully I just can't receive any. I have deleted everything in my inbox on my webmail but the inbox still shows 1 unread email. I saw in one of the other Forums where one person suggested that I setup a new connection using IMAP instead of POP3 saying that once it synchronized folders then setting up POP3 once again the problem should be resolved,. However I tried that and all I got were several errors stating "Could not update Header" errors. The support people at AT&T agreed with me that the problem is on the server and not with Outlook. The only problem is they couldn't give me a contact number to anyone who could help me with this issue. Like I mentioned earlier, this is an older sbcglobal account that was issued to me back in the early 1990s when I subscribed to AT&T for internet access. Since that time AT&T (in Connecticut, where I live) has sold their services to Frontier Communications and left their old customers. like myself, out in the cold. I also took a brand new PC and loaded a fresh copy of MS Office 2010 and tried accessing my mail from there but got the same 0x80042110 error. At this point I am beyond frustrated and would appreciate any help that I can get from this group.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Frustrated in CT

Ask a Question