Outlook 365 and the rule has a condition that the server cannot handle "Stop processing more rules"

Reaction score
I won't get into all the details but when I once configured my Outlook for my work Exchange server, I got the above message. Well, I didn't like having my work email in my personal Outlook, so I un-configured everything I had previously configured. In other words, Outlook was a stand-alone pop3 client - that's it. The problem is that I still get that message every time I futz with the rules.

I believe that Outlook thinks that it is still attached to an Exchange server. Does anyone know where there might be a setting or an .ini file or a registry setting that would square this away?

Many thanks for any help...
and stay well and wear a
mask for the protection
of others

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are only using it as a POP3 client, I wonder if you still have the O365 account linked under File > Office Account. It might be that your subscription to O365 is shown here and it's still trying to grab rules. Does it list your work account at all on this page, either under "connected services" or as the license holder?

Reaction score
I can't find any reference to my work account anywhere. Even if I go to "Switch Accounts" I only see my personal account. I think that some switch got flipped in the registry and never got unswitched when I removed my work account. I think my only option is to completely uninstall and reinstall O365 but, in my experience, the reinstall will find that switch again and I'll still be screwed.

Ask a Question