Outlook Outlook rule for sent Items from a different account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to set up this rule for a while now.

I'm using Exchange with Outlook 2012 and have two accounts. I'm always logged into my personal account (we'll call 'A') but also send emails from account 'B'. So if I'm always logged into A and I send from account B, the emails that are sent from B are stored in account A's sent forlder. I need a rule to move or copy the emails sent from B account, which are store in A's sent folder to B's sent folder so others can reference them who also have permission to see that account.

I was going to set it up as a blank rule that I send through a specific account but due to security issues like passwords always changing I can't use that rule. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can do this instead of manually moving them all the time.

Thanks

Reaction score
If your using Outlook 2010, go to the home tab and Click on the down arrow next to rules, and them I think Manage Rules and Alerts (I only have 2007, so this is memory). This should open up the Rules and Alerts window, if not, that's where you want to start. Then, click on New Rule. In Step 1 of the Rules Wizard click at the bottom under Start from a blank rule and choose "Check messages after sending and hit Next. In the next step to select a condition, check "through the specified account." Then, in the bottom section click on the specified account link and choose your second account, then click OK and Next. In the Select Actions, choose "move a copy to the specified folder" and click on the specified folder link at the bottom. Select your desired sent folder you want it to copy to and click OK, then Next twice. In the final step you can rename the rule and turn it on, then click Finish. Now try sending from the second account and see what happens.

I don't have a secondary account to verify this, but it should work. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, due to the password on the account changing every 45 days and that we have no access to change it or know what it is we can't use that feature in the rules, that's the issue. We want to set up 4 people to do this and none have any visibility into the account in order to manage the password, they just have 'send on behalf' of permissions. Is there a way to maybe set them up as a delegate or something, would that work? I'll take any and all suggestions to get this working or a suitable workaround.

Thanks,

Evan

Reaction score
Glad you found the answer, and thanks for posting back to help others who might have the same question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question