Outlook Outlook is Requesting Data From the Exchange Server

Reaction score
I am using an online Exchange Server hosting company (IT Solutions Now) and have Outlook on my desktop. For the past few months, I have been having a lot of problems where I get the Outlook is Requesting Data From the Exchange Server message. Generally when this happens I can still receive emails, BUT I cannot send emails (it says Sending Message 1 of 1 but it then freezes and does not send the message).

Some times Outlook freezes completely when I receive this message and try to go into new emails in Outlook, but generally it's only a problem with sending.

I cannot determine if this problem is on my desktop...or somehow with the network connection (with the hosted Exchange Server).

Any guidance?

Steve

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I would start with the basics of trying to create a new mail profile in Control Panel | Mail. Before that, try starting Outlook in safe mode to see if it's an add-in error or something to that effect. This can be done by going to Start | Run and typing "Outlook.exe /safe" with the space and without the quotes. There are a number of other things that can be done if you have no luck with those steps.

Ask a Question