Outlook settings on dual boot

Colonel Blip

Hello, All!

I have just installed a dual boot partition of XP along with Outlook 2003. I
have OL 2003 on my other partition (w2k). I have no problem opening up the
correct data files (which I keep on a common drive I sync with my laptop).
My question - what files can I copy from the w2k 'docs and settings' folder
in the w2k system to the analogous folder in the xp system and have things
like my macros, mail setup, nicknames, etc. be the same on the xp system?

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Andreas Roeder

Colonel said:
Hello, All!

I have just installed a dual boot partition of XP along with Outlook 2003. I
have OL 2003 on my other partition (w2k). I have no problem opening up the
correct data files (which I keep on a common drive I sync with my laptop).
My question - what files can I copy from the w2k 'docs and settings' folder
in the w2k system to the analogous folder in the xp system and have things
like my macros, mail setup, nicknames, etc. be the same on the xp system?

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Hi,
please read http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English Help.htm#18
to find all email files

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Do NOT import your .pst file. Simply reuse it. Locate it on the common
drive and use File->Open->Outlook Data file to have access to the same
information as your other partition. Ensure you have the option checked to
remove mail from the server after download.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head-scratching, Colonel Blip asked this group:

Milly said:
Do NOT import your .pst file. Simply reuse it. Locate it on the common
drive and use File->Open->Outlook Data file to have access to the same
information as your other partition. Ensure you have the option checked to
remove mail from the server after download.

Hi Milly,
the OP dont want to import or export his files, he only wants to know where
the files are.
I know that is better to reuse the files via FILES | OPEN | DATAFILES
But thanks for answering!

Colonel Blip

Hello, Milly!
You wrote on Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:26:40 -0800:

Thanks Milly; that part I know. Also knew about outcmd and nk files, but not
sure about all of the rest; i.e., what were they and would simply copying
them to my doc/setting folder give me all the same 'stuff' that I have on my
other boot system. Since all of my drives are the same in both systems, I
know that will not be a problem; however quirks brought on by registry or
other differences between the w2k OS and xp pro OS were/are a question mark.

Guess I will try and see for myself what messes up.