Outlook Outlook Express domain extension rule

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone help me please figure out how I can set a message rule - in Outlook express - that directs all the incoming emails from recipients with a certain ending in the email address (.com, or .hu, etc) to a certain folder?

thanks a lot,
alina

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Alina :)

Which version of Outlook Express do you have?

I don't have Outlook Express anymore, but I checked in Windows Live Mail (which is similar) and couldn't find a way to do it. In Outlook 2010 there is an option to create a rule for messages "with specific words in the sender's address".

Is this the same problem you encountered? The closest thing I could find in WLM is "where the from line contains people" - however this wouldn't allow you to use specified domains, only contacts and names.

Reaction score
Hello Ian,

thanks for such a quick answer, this is actually my issue : specific domains.
Indeed, I found the right rule in Outlook 2010, but it seems Outlook Express doesn't have a similar one.

Perhaps I should switch to Outlook 2010.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
In Windows Live you can do it by setting a rule in Messages. You can catch all .com endings by typing *.com in your message rule.

It certainly works - I've tried it. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Further to my earlier post I have now checked this on Outlook itself and find that it works well.

Basically the set up is the same, although there are a few slight differences between Outlook and Windows Live. :thumb:

If you need any further help send in another post. :)

Unfortunately can't get hold of Outlook Express but Outlook and OE are so similar that I would have thought it would be possible.

Last edited:

Ask a Question